Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Golden Oak Sale 47, Anyone That Was High Bidder On Items Receive Any Contact?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,376Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
890 Posts
Posted 06/02/2022   3:09 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mike ~ Did you ever hear from Longley? I STILL haven't !
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1239 Posts
Posted 06/02/2022   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They don't seem to respond to emails at the moment - I only got my order after I called (it did arrive quickly once I spoke to him).
Valued Member
21 Posts
Posted 06/02/2022   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add caspian65 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They finally sent an e-mail with an invoice, which I paid immediately and have received the items. They noted I was also high bidder on a lot from sale 46, I asked if the item could be included with the sale 47 items, but no reply, so I went ahead and paid that one too. Guess I'm a little hesitant to bid on some of their current items now. :-(
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1349 Posts
Posted 06/02/2022   11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No George, I have still have not had any messages from them. I know I am a first time bidder, and realise he is busy getting ready for Capex22, but wow!
It is now 3 buisness weeks since the auction.

Edit: changed last sentance from "at end of day friday it will be to actual status. Still nothing.
Edited by No1philatelist - 06/03/2022 7:00 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
558 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   12:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Caveat Emptor - I would suggest we avoid this dealer, at least until he has shown that he can get his business running more efficiently.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1349 Posts
Posted 06/04/2022   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received personal phone call earlier this afternoon. Received bill via email a couple minutes later. Were on our way!
Edited by No1philatelist - 06/04/2022 10:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
890 Posts
Posted 06/04/2022   11:48 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky you!
Meanwhile, I won two lots at today's Golden Oak auction and my invoice is already in my e-mailbox...
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1349 Posts
Posted 06/04/2022   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I dont know about luck George. But all my lots were in the first 100 items, so you should hear soon. Keep those fingers crossed!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
890 Posts
Posted 06/26/2022   7:46 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Additional email, and I still never heard back from him or received an invoice. He lost himself an active bidder and at this point he can go scratch.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8517 Posts
Posted 06/26/2022   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
His loss Doc. No way to do business obviously.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,376Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05