Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Value Of These English Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 481Next Topic  

Czech Republic
4 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add PetrPal to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning,

would you be please so kind to tell me the price of these English stamps ?:

The United Kingdom Wilding Series Tudor Crown Watermark Unused Stamp Collection:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United Kingdom Wilding Series Unmounted Mint Stamp Collection:

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
660 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   02:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamps as a set would sell for about $40-50 USD, I'd say. More than that, you're paying for the presentation folder, (silly) certificate of authenticity, and other marketing.

Krom#283; toho, vítejte.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1700 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   08:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Tudor Crown watermarked stamp collection is worth considerably more than the other collection....for example, the 11d Tudor Crown stamp is probably worth around the £20 value on its own.
The other collection is dated 1952 - 1960 so would probably be the much less valuable Multiple Crown watermark with the exception of the 11d stamp which, I'd guess, is the St Edwards Crown watermark.
classic_paper has the value about right, I'd say...and is correct with the folder, certificate observation.
Czech Republic
4 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PetrPal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply.

So each set is worth 40 - 50 USD ?

I got it as estate and the previous owner paid in 2017: 29 GBP for the he United Kingdom Wilding Series Tudor Crown Watermark Unused Stamp Collection and 150 GBP for the he United Kingdom Wilding Series Unmounted Mint Stamp Collection.

I found also the reciepts and was wondered what is the real value.

So he was definitely overpriced.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3950 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   10:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to agree with 40-50 USD for both items. The Tuder Crown is clearly listed as Unused, so they are probably previously mounted, and may have hinge marks or remnants. Of these, the 9p, 10p, and 11p have the most value.

The other set is listed as Unmounted, Mint, but covers the date range of 3 different watermarks. Unless you find out which is which, we have to assume that all are the lowest values based on the most recent watermark (St. Edwards Crown, Multiple).
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1490 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As people wrote, the Tudor Crown set has some value in the 9d - 11d and to a lesser extent in the 7d and 1s 6d, if unmounted mint. If previously hinged, the value drops considerably.
The second set that is described as unmounted is a mix. The 11d does not exist on 'Multiple Crowns' watermarked paper and the 4 1/2d only exists on that paper. There is a good chance they are the cheapest available. If so, you, probably, are talking between one and two tenners if you sell them. It could be considerably more if they are the better watermarks.

The certificates are not worth the paper they were written on.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
161 Posts
Posted 06/11/2022   1:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wilding mad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The fact that the presentation sheets on the Tudor crown set states "unused" implies that these stamps have previously been mounted. A mounted mint set currently retails for around £15

The unmounted mint selection will no doubt comprise of the more cheaper variations possibly on different watermarks that could also include the phosphor type stamps. Therefore one can only estimate the value being of around £4 for the 18 stamps.

£19 retail would be about right for the 4 pages.

Buyer beware ! WM
Valued Member
United Kingdom
161 Posts
Posted 06/13/2022   05:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wilding mad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Being of a curious nature I decided to have a look at this companies advert and noticed they were also selling the 1953 coronation set in pristine condition for £19 post free but later gave an unused description, so I'm not sure what pristine meant.

I can purchase this set in unmounted mint condition for around the £9 mark and a mounted set for £4.

Even with the free p+p offer there is quite a mark up on its normal selling price.

It's always worth checking with other suppliers before purchasing. WM
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 481Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05