Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help French Perfins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Valued Member

Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mottaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
what are the letters a.b on french perfin stamps stand for I got many on french revenue with marseille cancelation

Send note to Staff
Edited by mottaz - 06/03/2022 09:50 am

Valued Member
Switzerland
82 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zuerich4 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Mottaz

To me, the AB looks more like a BV. I have found a similar example on http://www.coppoweb.com/merson/fr.p...n=69&page=B.

There you can also see the company that used this perfin.

Best regards from Switzerland

André
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks to much dear for your reply but I added 2 more photos to reveal what I say also in case of austria stamps a.b refer to armin bondi transport company but the form of perfin is different also sorry if there some issue as I am new here
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for all I complete my search and find it stands for a.bietron company and I will try add to links for more information
https://www.delcampe.net/en_GB/coll...1457775.html

https://www-pop-culture-gouv-fr.tra..._x_tr_pto=sc
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Switzerland
82 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zuerich4 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks again my dear but I think its different company with same letters a.b as the dash in a is 2 dots while in what I send its one dot only this photo may help also I want hear your opinion
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8097 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mottaz, before going any further, it seems to me that you posted two different perfins. The top one looks like BV, and the two bottom ones are A.B.

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 06/03/2022 1:52 pm
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes dear Petert4522 you are right the first perfin send by wrong so I edit it and send the other two photos which I interested to ask about

mottaz
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
did any one have an explanation for the pair sent with perfin A.B. one stamp the perfin is mirror image of the other
Edited by mottaz - 06/03/2022 6:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1883 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The paper was folded when the perfin was added.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8097 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mottaz, sometimes the folks that put the company perforations in do fold the sheet when perforating. That means that all sorts of mirror images are possible!

Peter
Valued Member
Egypt
123 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes I think that but is that practically easy to fold the sheets and perforat using old perfins machines
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05