Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eugene O'neill Stamp.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 438Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 06/07/2022   11:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ThanksInAdvance to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone tell me if this darker shade Eugene O'Neill is a Black Violet, or not?
Thanks!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1620 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Determining colors on computer monitors is a study in inaccuracy due to all of the variables involved.

Below is a purported (meaning no certificate) 1294b, black violet from a reliable source.

This does seem darker than your stamp in question. Edit: now that I could look at the images in the thread together, the image here is clearly much more dark and lacking the amount of violet tone in your example. I can say, yours is not the black violet.

Additionally used stamp that have been soaked have their own issues about maintaining original color.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/08/2022 09:47 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
37474 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks in advance,
search this forum, for "Eugene O'neill"
There are many threads regarding this stamp, that ay be useful

Employ the first (top) Search box, after the search option opens
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ThanksInAdvance to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies for mistakenly posting in the wrong section. Yes, the sample black violet does indeed look much darker than my stamps.
I appreciate the info you both provided, Thanks again!
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 438Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05