Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Informations About These Cancels Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,025Next Topic  
Valued Member
182 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   07:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add waelshami to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
TIA

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1858 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   07:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The third one is interesting…. Fort leavenworth, maybe?
Secondary look, should have had more coffee.
Looks like a "star of David" double strike
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Just_fella - 06/08/2022 10:15 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8028 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Waelshami, the website www.stampsmarter.org has a whole section devoted to fancy cancels!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2862 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   5:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1. This is a 7-bar circular grid cancel. According to the USPCS, it was distributed by the post office department, so it is fairly common for the period. It is probably impossible to say whose cancel this is.
2. Called a cogwheel cancel, this was handmade but was also used by a number of post offices. This style was popular in San Francisco but you would need to match the design including the rays/cogs exactly to prove that.
3. This negative six-pointed star is not in Herst-Sampson nor the Harry F. Allen Black Jack book. That's not a deal breaker since there are still many, many fancy cancels without a connection to a city or town.
4. A pretty standard and common target cancel. Impossible to connect to a city or town. The blue color is nice.

There are two databases for US fancy cancels in Stamp Smarter, one an extended version of the Cole book for large Banknotes, the other for everything after. Nothing earlier is covered there unless there is an article or collection that covers the pre-Banknote era. These wore out quickly, though a clerk or postmaster might buy the same killer design or re-make a similar design to give the appearance that a device lasted a long time.
Valued Member
182 Posts
Posted 06/09/2022   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waelshami to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 06/14/2022   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chasinfram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Wael Shami,
These four stamps displayed here are not you stamps, but mine. You have stolen them from me and I want them back, as well as the other 189 you stole with them.

Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 06/14/2022   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chasinfram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Conversation between Mr. Shami and myself…

Learn More...
United States
10631 Posts
Posted 06/14/2022   11:15 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While it certainly appears that you sold waelshami these stamps, it seems a bit odd that a thief would be stupid enough to post images of stolen stamps online.

Hopefully this is just a case of a transactional issue that can be resolved. And hopefully waelshami will post his explanation as to why you have not received his payment and make this right.
Don
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 06/14/2022   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chasinfram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Don,
Appreciate your concern. Normally I would not have been hoodwinked by this individual. We were connected on a different stamp forum. My fallback position was to depend on DHL's policy of allowing a shipment to be returned before delivery. Mr. Shami began a string of money payment issues as soon as I shipped, 6/2/22. On 6/3/22 I returned to the shipping office and asked for their return. Have paperwork to that effect. Two days later, returned again. DHL goofed and despite even a third attempt, the package was delivered in Israel. Mr. Shami immediately disconnected himself from Facebook Messenger and would not answer my phone calls.
I do hope that the stamp community can bring pressure to bear to amicably resolve the issue. 193 USA stamps from 1854 to 1899.
Thanks,
Charlie
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 06/14/2022   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chasinfram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry,
Forgot to add that Mr. Slami's forum posts of 6/9, 6/11 and 6/12 also feature more of my, so far unpaid for, stamps.
Charlie
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1702 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Déjà vu here. Over a year ago.
Edited by NSK - 07/01/2022 6:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rb6179 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I never send anything with out first receiving payment at time of shipment. Caveat emptor (buyer beware). I then immediately send a tracking number of the shipment to the buyer. I don't want my reputation sullied.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,025Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05