Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Finished Filling 31,000 Spaces - A 27 Year Journey!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 2,590Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
389 Posts
Posted 08/14/2022   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the China section, #E12 and #F2 were tough to find (4th row).Filled these spaces in Jan 2020. Also, Republic of China 1012-1024 hard to nail down. Finally got these from APS Stamp Store in Sept 2020 after years of searching.

Second page below, 2nd row of Inner Mongolia. Got these at the Sarasota Stamp Show 2019 (Rasdale table).

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8095 Posts
Posted 08/14/2022   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canyoneer, have you tried to check Delcampe? They are usually pretty good on European colonies

Peter
Valued Member
389 Posts
Posted 08/14/2022   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Last post from binder #1 ...

Czechoslovakia #536 (Jan Hus 5k -4th row/5th in). Had to use DelCampe to get this 35 cent stamp (price/shipping ratio not favorable). Filled in Aug 2021.

Last page. Egypt/Palestine Occupation N44- N46 (soldier - bottom row left). I had seen sellers with full sets of this issue for years but never individual stamps. I eventually sent an email to one of them (Hipstamp) and they helped me out with a few singles. Thanks to seller "Buythestamp" for helping out the foreign space filler guy!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6040 Posts
Posted 08/14/2022   11:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
CANYONEER ------If you still want that Belgium Congo stamp ,you want it mint ,here it is .

You can have it gratis ,just email me a address thru this chat board and it is yours .
Valued Member
389 Posts
Posted 08/14/2022   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the offer floortrader and for checking your stock! However I made a typing error - it's the #215 I'm looking for in mint. Maybe you have a spare one of those in your arsenal? Thanks.

Valued Member
United States
26 Posts
Posted 08/15/2022   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Thinkstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm impressed too.

Like others have said an accomplishment to take pride in.... I'd keep it intact as a memento of your work.

I can imagine your enjoyment of the album as a unit.

You can always strip it to help fill spaces in another collection, but it's another thing to redo.
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
Posted 08/22/2022   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add landoquakes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've never paid any attention to Tibet stamps before... Those are kind of neat!
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
Posted 08/22/2022   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just for fun to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Very impressive! My goal is have one stamp per country and still a long way to go....
Valued Member
Canada
201 Posts
Posted 08/22/2022   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mirman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As others have said, truly impressive. Great work!
Valued Member
498 Posts
Posted 08/23/2022   10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
impressive.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 08/23/2022   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I once tried to count the number of stamps in my 200+ albums and soon realized I can't count that high!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3496 Posts
Posted 08/24/2022   05:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!
Al
Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 08/24/2022   06:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was it hard to stay focused for that long of project? I admire you for that.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6040 Posts
Posted 08/24/2022   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canyoneer ----- Sorry don't have that stamp mint . All I seen were used copies .Will keep looking .
Valued Member
389 Posts
Posted 08/24/2022   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for checking Floortrader. Definitely one of those cheap stamps that is difficult to find (besides buying a full set).

Zman, I guess I have the space filler's fever. Going into it, I did not think it would take this long. The hunt itself was very enjoyable for me. Like a treasure hunt. With each completed country, there was a sense of accomplishment. I think the key to it was using the Minkus Comprehensive - it seemed doable. I have talked with some folks trying to fill Scott Internationals and it sounds much harder (but at the same time, the enjoyment factor may go on for decades).

Here's quick scan of the first page of French Offices/Colonies ... It was fun to look some of these countries up while working on it.

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 2,590Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05