Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sheets Of Christmas Seals 1927-1994

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 343Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
Posted 06/15/2022   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MizzP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just unearthed a batch of Christmas Seals in sheets that were in old files of my parents. They range from 1927 to 1994. They were carefully stored between sheets of paper and are in excellent condition. What might be the best way to determine the value of this collection so as to decide what to do with it? I live in Denver - not sure if there is a local way to accomplish this.
My mother already had donated to a local hospital a large set of seals that was mounted, framed and signed by Emily Bissell - my grandfather was involved with the lung association in the early part of the 1900s in Delaware. And, there is another framed set. I'm overflowing with these!
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7957 Posts
Posted 06/15/2022   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mizz, welcome to the forum! The only help I can offer is to give you a link to a business in Ohio. You might try to contact www.christmasseals.net .

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
Posted 06/15/2022   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a start. As with everything else, most are common, but some are rare.

https://www.christmasseals.net/inde...-full-sheets
Valued Member
467 Posts
Posted 06/15/2022   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link.
Interesting info; especially on tied to cover items.
pat
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 06/15/2022   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.rmpldenver.org/links/re...l-clubs.html

The above lists the Denver areas clubs and can point you in the direction of stamp dealers. You just missed the major Denver area show by a couple of weeks. It will return next year and there you can seek information, sell or buy Christmas seals. Did you notice the word, "sell."

Not all dealers are APS (American Philatelic Society) members, but you can use this to find dealers in you area: https://stamps.org/dealers

You can also get some "value information" by looking at eBay listings, especially sold, for US Christmas seals.

lastly any documents, letters and the like relating to the items and family connection can enhance value. Oh, for the framed stuff just take photos with you phone. That will be enough for a dealer to know if it is worth your effort to bring in the actual item(s).
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/15/2022 3:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Turff49 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a Facebook group that is dedicated to Christmas and Charity Seals. Has over 500 members. I'm the creator/admin. Of the group. Not sure if you are donating or selling but there are a lot of active collectors there. You can post them there if you'd like a local collector you'll find one there. You are welcome to offer it for sale there.
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Turff49 I don't Facebook so I was not aware that you bought and sold seals. I have used John Denunes , Christmas Seals site. I tend to deal with APS members and of course he is Secretay/ treasurer of the APS Charity Seals Ssociety's,; APS affiliate 101.
MizzP, if you are going to sell these yourself, you need a copy of Greens
The catelouge of Christmas Seals. Otherwise known as the Bible of Christmas Seals. John Denunes site offers this at about 10 bucks for a stapled copy. Well worth the money.
Regards mark

Edit, Peter above posted Denunes website, he is 2nd generation in Seals. cheers Mark
Edited by GMC89 - 06/23/2022 5:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Turff49 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Correct. If not for the Denune's I'm not sure where the Society would be. BTW I created the full color revision to Greens Local Christmas Seals. Available through the society and on John's site. Every Local seal in full color.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 06/30/2022   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bcantin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to second Turff's comment, John Denune (and Joe Ward in Oregon) has been a really great source of information and stamps. I've bought many items from him in the past few years.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 343Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05