Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Disney Stamp Book For Ww II ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 451Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
539 Posts
Posted 06/18/2022   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add hoosierboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Seattle Museum of Flight has a new exhibit opening July 9: "The Walt Disney Studios and WW II".
https://www.museumofflight.org/Exhi...Studios-WWII

" Some of the 550 items that will be on display include stamp books, advertisements, magazines and government posters promoting an array of topics, including tax payment, food recycling and rationing."

The listing of stamp books has me wondering what they were. Can someone supply details?

***Mod fixed link***

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1444 Posts
Posted 06/18/2022   7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This sounds interesting. I will probably be in that area in late July and may stop by. Thanks for the post!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 06/18/2022   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a huge Disney fan, F Gottfredson (Mouse man) Carl Barks (Duck man). Probably have 500 comics from the 60s through the 70s. Along with some posters and a small collection of WW II propaganda Disney shorts, maybe 20 or so. Never heard of Cinderellas printed. It would be appropriate if they did print them, as their version of Cinderella is what is popularly connotated as "Cinderella". Hence Cinderellas ...
Cheers mark
Pillar Of The Community
United States
879 Posts
Posted 06/18/2022   7:51 pm  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Disney in conjunction with some newspapers (I believe San Francisco Examiner was one of them), put out booklets with War Insignia labels with Disney designed characters on them. Each booklet had 50 labels you could mount in the spaces with descriptions of each. I know of at least 3 series (1-50, 51-100, 101-150), and maybe there were more.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
879 Posts
Posted 06/18/2022   8:25 pm  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I checked and found that I have a Vol.2, from the Detroit Times.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
539 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   09:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update. I emailed the info email at the museum hosting this exhibit but, as yet, have not had a reply. Will advise what they say if I receive more information.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
539 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update. Have had an email and phone conversation with Senior Manager of Public Relations for the museum. Hopefully he will introduce himself to our community. He collected in his youth and is interested in aviation related philately.

My son is now in the Tacoma area. Hopefully, he will take the family to see the exhibit when it opens. More soon I hope.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 451Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05