Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ask For Technical Data And Study , Evaluation For Those Covers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 279Next Topic  
Valued Member

Egypt
105 Posts
Posted 06/21/2022   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mottaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
for this cover how to know if the stamp is grilled or not also type of paper of the stamp taking into consideration no year date on it only one cancellation and how to evaluate its market value

the back

for this one I think it has no grill as there is a year date in the back 1866 , also need evaluation of market value and how to estimate which factors control it.

the back

also this one need evaluation of market value and did the air mail stamp value on cover differ its value if the flight is international as this flight is internal one.

the back

need the same for this one taking into consideration I am not expert in us covers or postal history and what is the meaning of the two lines pointed to with arrows in the back.

the back
Send note to Staff
Edited by mottaz - 06/21/2022 11:19 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2849 Posts
Posted 06/22/2022   02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1. It's a near impossibility that this could be the (ungrilled) reissue. In the expanded view, the decorative elements around the design border are weak and sometimes broken so this cannot be a reissue. Otherwise, it's a common postmark of origin with a blot cancel (a minus). The stamp is stained, a big minus and is not well-centered. The railroad corner card/return address is a plus but the cover is cut down and affects the corner card, so a minus there. The result is a cover at the low end of the pricing spectrum. See eBay "sold" listings for an average price for covers with Scott #114.

2. With nothing remarkable about the cover otherwise, its price is based on the stamp and its centering plus overall condition. The stamp is in average condition. The plate blur is interesting and would add something. But the spotting and staining on the back are a minus. Again, this would be on the lower end of pricing for run-of-the-mill Scott #73 on cover.

3. 1926 Los Angeles-Salt Lake City flight. International or domestic use makes no difference to the value of the 8c airmail stamp on cover except for perhaps adding its value to the overall cover value. I don't know where the pencil pricing comes from, but it's way off. You can find a number of these flight covers for sale online for $5 or less. So one can just add the value of the used 8c stamp and see if anyone is interested in that usage.

4. This is a cover flown from the US by seaplane to be dropped on the SS Leviathan. It never found the ship and returned, with that cachet applied and the cover sent through regular means to its destination. Another ridiculous pencilled price. Again, check out eBay SOLD prices for this cover. This is a foreign destination so is somewhat better than a US destination cover.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Egypt
105 Posts
Posted 06/22/2022   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mottaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@hy-brasil thanks for your help and answer as this what I need ,your answer put me on the right way to deal with those covers and make me in light just need if any person had more to add or know an online source to get more info and education.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 279Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05