Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Hoops To Jump Through For Germany

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,135Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community

United States
2982 Posts
Posted 06/22/2022   9:05 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add eyeonwall to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This sounds like a pain that we now have to go thru to sell to Germany

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Annou...a-p/33021162
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
Posted 06/22/2022   11:05 pm  Show Profile Check jamesg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This will simply reduce the available market available to german buyers with the net effect of extreme price increases since their supply will be restricted.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8467 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While Germany has now implemented a complex system to ensure that packaging meets "green" objectives they are returning to coal fired power plants.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2857 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   01:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rodgcam, you then apparently have no problems with Germany instead continuing to buy natural gas from Russia to finance the war on Ukraine?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1272 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   03:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
While Germany has now implemented a complex system to ensure that packaging meets "green" objectives

Shoot, now I will need to repackage all of my German destination Christmas gifts. Will they give me a green waiver since I am only sending lumps of coal? Why must coal be green wrapped.

Quote:
This will simply reduce the available market available to German buyers

Not sure how much this will restrict sales to Germany but the need to supply the business tax ID number will shut out many small sellers in the US since they have no business tax ID and just claim sales (IF they claim sales) under their own Social Security Number.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1272 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   03:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Germany instead continuing to buy natural gas from Russia to finance the war

Russia is getting great sales from China and India, Germany is no necessary. Russian Currency is also growing stronger now.

I do agree with "green" comment as it seems quite disingenuous to claim going things to be green while choosing to do other things which are far from "green." Such governmental double speak, hypocrisy, and virtue signaling does not make thinking folks have better trust in their government. If Germany opposes the war, then they need to stay green and live with energy shortages be it gasoline, natural gas or electricity. If they are not willing to be green when their population may suffer some, especially in hot summer or cold winter, then the green push is being shown as not important.

It is not just Germany, here in California new gasoline powered vehicle sales are outlawed in a few years. Now they are looking at what that means and so far they are realizing they middle and lower class will be priced out of the electric car and truck market due to one major issue. Unlike an ICE which can be maintained even as they grow quite old and hold little monetary value allowing those with less money to afford cars and trucks, electric has a far different cost upkeep, depreciation and expected life. Simply used electric vehicles are not bargains as you are sitting on an expensive battery replacement ticking cost time-bomb, nor will the software used have no life expectancy issues. You can't keep your computer hardware which is working fine when the software is no longer supported. Same happens with vehicle computer software; vehicle mechanics may be fine but the software will no longer run, then you have a four wheel boat anchor.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/23/2022 12:36 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6546 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   04:30 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most countries' policies and practices contain self-contradictions. In the case of the German packaging law - which was characterised as protectionist when first mooted - I'll just have to add Germany to my small list of countries that I won't post to. It's just too much trouble for the odd sale.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8467 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   09:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
rodgcam, you then apparently have no problems with Germany instead continuing to buy natural gas from Russia to finance the war on Ukraine?

Amazing how we got from pointing out an obvious irony to being in "Putin's Corner" so to speak.

Anyway, as PPG pointed out, Russia is doing quite well selling oil elsewhere and the Ruble is fine. Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts.

So has anyone actually registered yet and what did they need to provide?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1647 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   09:58 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Simple decision for me. No more sales to Germany.

Germany needs me more than I need Germany!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
701 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This only applies to B2C transactions. How many of us actually sell on eBay as an actual business, instead of just personally? Seems like a big fuss over not much.
Pillar Of The Community
606 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess that depends on the definition of an "actual business". If you file a tax return as a small business to appease the tax rules, but it is not your main source of income, is that considered B2C? What if you don't have a tax ID? After reading all that, I'm a little unclear on how that category of seller proceeds and feel the current plan is to follow in GeoffHa and KRelyea's steps…
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2982 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   7:48 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Not sure how much this will restrict sales to Germany"

There is clear evidence of this in people's responses in this thread - they are going to stop selling to Germany.

For me, Germany is one of my top 2 foreign countries I sell to, so I will have to wade into this process.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1237 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sell quite a lot to German collectors on Delcampe, interesting I haven't seen anything there about this, just from eBay and Etsy so far.

~Greg
Valued Member
Spain
357 Posts
Posted 06/24/2022   08:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
I think it's an eBay thing, nothing like that has been mentioned here and I send/receive a lot of things from Germany.
Regards.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1647 Posts
Posted 06/24/2022   09:43 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just called eBay and asked them about this new policy for shipping to Germany.
The rep explained that it affected all sales to Germany. I asked her about casual sellers who don't have a Tax Id and she didn't know if the forms would accept SS# in lieu of Tax Id and if it didn't the casual seller would not be able to sell to Germany.

I'm going to block Germany for now and see if I get any complaints but I only get an occasional bid from Germany. Australia/New Zealand/Canada and Japan make up about 85% of my International bids! Thanks guys!!

Ken
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ekbustad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a short discussion on the Delcampe Community Forum at https://www.delcampe.net/en_US/foru...2022-fee-tax
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,135Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05