so it's going to be an expensive PF run. But what can you do - no one has bought any of them and hopefully a cert will help.
Before you start putting money out there, let's take a close look at what you have going in this thread. I used to certify grills for PSE 30 years ago.
Here are the three stamps shown above belonging to (left to right) parcelpostguy, rlsny, and jleb1979.
All three appear to have horizontal grill ridges on the points in the main. Counting the points gives an interesting result however. Let's take a closer look just at the grill areas of these three (same order):
The grill on the right gives a nice clear view of the horizontal ridges for the main array of points, with vertical ridges in the column on the right. In counting points, the "half points" do not count, so we do not count the column on right. This leaves us with an array of fourteen columns of 17 points each, i.e. a 14x17 array. That nicely conforms to the catalog standard.
The grill on the left also shows an array of horizontal ridge points bounded on the right by a column of vertical ridge "half points." However, there also seems to be a column of vertical ridge "half points bounding the array on the left. It does sometimes happen that grills are bounded on two sides, but the points of the left column are not so clearly detailed as to be sure of what we are seeing in this case. That matters, because when we start at the right and count columns to the left applying the same rule for half points as before, we find that the array measures 13 across (plus the ambiguous 14th at the far left) by 18 rows high. That is within range for a Z-grill, and APEX thought so too and gave it a cert. I would probably want to give that left side a REALLY close look, but will assume they did and hence the cert.
But now we get to the stamp in the middle. I wish it had been held with the tongs positioned a bit lower. They interfere at a rather critical bit of real estate. On the other two stamps the rows and column were rather easy to distinguish, but on this one the rows of "points" are easy to distinguish, but the columns not so much. All the points appear to have horizontal ridges, and I do not see any good examples of vertical ridges at either the right or left border. There is no row in which the points are easily distinguished all the way across, but by avreaging the overall separation, there is a limit of 14. However, when counting columns there is a problem, and not just due to the gum residue after hinging. Starting at the bottom I can count five rows to the beginning of the gum, and another six rows above that clearly, with maybe one more row above that. But then the rows disappear even though the gum residue becomes more uniform. If all the gum were soaked off, as it should be, it does not appear to me that any more rows of points would be observed. At best this stamp appears to show 11 or 12 rows of points vertically in its present state. And the rows do not show the kind of column division we see in the other two examples, nor are the vertical ridges we saw in them visible with that clarity on this stamp.
With its gum still in place I would not certify this stamp as an 85B, and do not expect that to change when the hinging residue is removed. Apart from wishful thinking it just doesn't have enough of the right things going for it.