Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Proof Of Number 1 Of Spain 1850 Isabella

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 35 / Views: 1,426Next Topic
Page: of 3

Spain
4 Posts
Posted 06/24/2022   4:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sellosmadrid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I want to present you the doubloon (DOBLON in spanish), a stamp made by digital means and with computer programs, in which the effigy of Isabel II has been captured, taken from a doubloon (as numismatists call it), a 100-real coin from 1850 of Spain, to which a checkered background similar to those of the other No. 1s has been added.

The frame is from the original building proof 1.

The color is black and white, similar to the others.

The size is the same as that of a building 1.

The paper is a paper for sketching neither too thin nor too thick, with a pastel shade.

After months of work it has been printed and this is the result:

What do you think of this proof for the collector?

Sorry (google traductor)

Kind regards.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
163 Posts
Posted 06/24/2022   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RK1468 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This isn't a proof ("muestra"), it is a fake ("falso"). Why are you sharing this?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8028 Posts
Posted 06/24/2022   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do agree with RK1468. I see no reason for displaying this either

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1275 Posts
Posted 06/24/2022   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With the explanation given by the OP, perhaps this belongs in the Cinderella Topic area.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8514 Posts
Posted 06/24/2022   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It belongs in the trash.
Spain
4 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   03:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sellosmadrid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OH no... Is a great piece.

I have others:

and

kind regards.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
44 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   03:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chesham85 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are all rubbish. Rodgcam is correct they belong in the trash can
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting Cello, as others have stated it is the wrong place on this forum. What you have created,a piece of your own art, is a cinderella stamp as far as collectors see it. I commend your work of combining numismatics and philatelics into one. Not to mention the ability of today's technology. Surely this is probably closer to the future of both philately and currency in this age of everything digital. Thank you for showing your artwork and I hope you continue to pursue making such items. Surely this is more beneficial to the future of stamp collecting then it is negative. Buenos Diaz my friend
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8514 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Surely this is more beneficial to the future of stamp collecting then it is negative.

Kindly explain how it is beneficial to the future of stamp collecting.
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/27/2022   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, old stamps get older. Old stamp collectors get older. New stamp collectors will at some point have no recollection of the old ways of putting a stamp on an envelope. It's only a matter of time before everything is digital. If I can use a card to pay aparking meter than how long before I use a card to pay for my letter? Right at the dropbox. The piece developed by the op is digital and then printed. That digital copy can be used anywhere and may catch some young persons eye. The conversation thereafter about the original stamp as well as the numismatic relationship may introduce something to someone that had no idea such things existed. Fdc, perfins, tropicals, all such things are areas of collecting that are different from each other but surely would be considered part and beneficial in there hay day to collecting. Who are we as a community to call this new members own hardwork 'trash as some put it? They are clearly very proud of it and never is calling someone's work trash a benefit to them or collecting as a whole. It's a cinderella for sure, move it where it can be appreciated. The op clearly didn't come here to be knocked down.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8514 Posts
Posted 06/28/2022   12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bubba - Not buying that any one of us digitally creating an image would be beneficial to stamp collecting. I see no tie whatsoever.

By the way, perfins, FDC's and "tropicals" ( You mean topicals?) are all collecting categories of stamps that were issued by government bodies for postal use.

Who are we to knock it down? It is only my opinion which I stand by. I respect yours. Respect mine. Free to disagree obviously.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
771 Posts
Posted 06/28/2022   12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I were going to be interested in a fantasy creation as a work of art, I'd be much more likely to look for something that's a big enough size to mount on a wall... This one just seems to a rather poor forgery that will eventually be described as real by someone down the line...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1275 Posts
Posted 06/28/2022   03:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some animals strongly stink as a excellent and lifesaving defense mechanism; others seems to stink to attack without reason or out of fear of change.

Quote:
New stamp collectors will at some point have no recollection of the old ways of putting a stamp on an envelope. It's only a matter of time before everything is digital.

Bubbachismo, your comment has certainly been underscored by the harsh ('stinking') comments made by some poster here.

Quote:
It was in 1999 when the world's first personalized stamps were introduced. The personalized stamps depicted an image or text supplied by the customer on the right side of the stamp. Personalized stamps allow individuals to personalize their overseas and Holiday mails. It can be wonderful gifts and keepsakes too.

Zazzle, Minted, Shutterfly.com and others produced custom postage with the USPS beginning in 2004 but that, after many years, was stopped completely by the USPS by 2020.

Some of my favorite covers are franked with the pictures of friends who are no longer with me and the hobby.

Other stamp issuing countries still produce personalized ("custom") stamps, Japan for one. Shown is from 2004, but they are also currently issued:

The OP's designs placed on one of the custom issues would then move the mail and stop being Cinderellas.

I guess the APS (American Philatelic Society) cover belongs in the trash as well, Petert4522, rogdcam, Chesham85 and billsey; right?
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 06/28/2022   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rog I certainly respect your opinion that's why I posted my opinion without comment on what you or others had said. The explanation given by me was just an answer to your question followed by a rebuttal of how negative comments could be beneficial. Your a legend no doubt in this community and I will always respect the greats for their opinions. But respect should be given equally to all in my opinion until that person shows they don't deserve to be respected.

Parcel: Great stuff, I appreciate the info and additions. Custom stamps could really be meaningful as stated. I think it would be a great idea for the op to do such
Learn More...
United States
10629 Posts
Posted 06/28/2022   07:06 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a delta between custom stamps and the 'copies' that the original poster shows. Obviously custom stamps were legitimate (at the time) for postal use while the OP 'copies' are not.

The 'copies' above typically generate a few concerns including if they are permanently marked on the backside as 'copies' (or some other description). This prevents them, even if the 'copies' are clearly not real, from deceiving anyone in the future.

I think that anyone who makes these kinds of 'copies' should expect concerns of this type and proactively ensure that the 'copies' are clearly and permanently mark them as such on the backsides.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8514 Posts
Posted 06/28/2022   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess the APS (American Philatelic Society) cover belongs in the trash as well, Petert4522, rogdcam, Chesham85 and billsey; right?

PPG not surprisingly misses the point entirely. The examples he (?) shows were all valid for postage.

Anyway, it is not that I don't appreciate the work of the OP in creating his "stamps" but rather as Don pointed out that they should be presented as fantasies. I believe we have all agreed on that point now.

Stamp collecting is already chock full of "stuff" that confuses novice and even advanced collectors. There are already enough actual Countries that dump endless "genuine" rubbish issues onto the market in order to create revenue and end up listed in Scott.

If creating a design on your computer is the prerequisite for being a philatelic item that is a stupendously low bar for entry.

Pepe
Page: of 3 Replies: 35 / Views: 1,426Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05