Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited A Collection, And Now I'm Hooked.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 471Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
13 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Trixie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
When my Dad passed away, I inherited his collection. I finally, after 20 years, have gotten around to going through it all, and I am hooked. I got my degree in history, plus I love all kinds of puzzles, so this really hits all my buttons. I wish I would have gotten started earlier!
This forum has already been extremely helpful to me. I know I'm going to enjoy it. I love solving the daily mysteries I am coming across with these boxes of loose stamps I'm going through, if I can't solve them, I know you all will help.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8028 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Trixie,

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
377 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! Glad to hear you've decided to build on your Dad's collection. Your interest in history will come in handy as you work on it.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1858 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!
Did you major in history? what was the focus of you studies?
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trixie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Early American history, but I love all of it. I just picked up a used copy of the 1902 book, Stamp Collecting as a pastime. I also got my 9 year old interested in stamp sorting, so I hope to light a spark there. Btw, my name is Gwen. I will try to change as it seems ridiculous to have a fake name here.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
619 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Gwen.
Having a bit of a history background, myself, I am not surprised that working through a collection or accumulation got you hooked.
Almost every stamp can become a fun puzzle, even if only to remind oneself of something studied years ago....

- Jonathan
Pillar Of The Community
United States
539 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Trixie,

Better late than never! My grandmother gave me a 1906 post card postmarked at her father's general store postal counter back in the the 1960's and I have chased postal history items ever since.

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences.

Wishing you many enjoyable future days in our hobby. Russ
Pillar Of The Community
501 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing wrong with a fitting alias. Casey Magoo is one of my ruby cavaliers. Not me
Edited by Casey Magoo - 07/01/2022 10:32 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
72 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum!

- Lance
Pillar Of The Community
United States
608 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings!
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 471Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05