Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Did My Great Grandfather Get These Stamps?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,199Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8514 Posts
Posted 07/03/2022   9:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Paper - I have my POV. I think that there was much good in "my era". So what? Was everything sunshine and lollipops? Of course not. You seem to take umbrage with my POV though and hasten to point out that much was wrong and perhaps NOW is better. Kind of the same POV just reversed. Funny actually.

Quote:
It's the choices we make with our options that matter, not the options themselves.

Options, or what is available to work with, make a world of difference my friend. Sometimes though less is indeed more. So much food now and yet record obesity rates. Young people attached to their sedentary lifestyles caused in large part by endlessly staring their devices. 30% of potential Armed Services recruits now cannot pass the PT test to enlist. That is pathetic. And so on across the spectrum of modern life.

We always arrive back to the root question however that has not been answered. Why is their so much anger, unhappiness and division now if everything is so much better?

There is much to say but this is not the place to say it.

All The Best
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
392 Posts
Posted 07/03/2022   11:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Because anger sells and makes money for those who market it.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1574 Posts
Posted 07/04/2022   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Back in the 1930s and 1940s there were stamps packets cheap enough for kids to buy out of their pocket money, which had stamps from over the world.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2985 Posts
Posted 07/04/2022   7:04 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the original topic - you could also buy stamps directly from foreign post offices thru the mail.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,199Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05