Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade Stamp Catalog

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 744Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
139 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DrGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just started using this catalog. The NH column shows a % sign, NH%. What does this mean. Am I advised to use a Scott catalog?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8028 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think for Canada it would be great to have a Unitrade. It is a whole lot better than Scott and I wish the US Scott Specialized was as specialized as the Unitrade.
For the meaning of the percentage sign - have you tried the introduction to the catalog?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
72 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The NH% in Unitrade is used as a pricing factor for mint AND never hinged stamps and the appropriate grade of fine, very fine, etc... It's also used as a formula for reducing stamp values that would be considered F or lower.

As Peter mentioned, the information section in the front of the book will explain how it is used. Check the section under "Catalogue Value"

*Edit - For my Canada collection, I use the Uniprise catalog with Scott as a backup/cross reference.
Edited by Going Postal - 07/02/2022 2:16 pm
Valued Member
Canada
201 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NH % ==

Say
NH 100%= VF stamp is $100, so a VFNH is $200, a VFH is still $100
NH 200%= VF stamp is $100, so a VFNH is $300, a VFH is still $100

now take a NHF - never hinged fine

NH 100%= a Fine NH stamp is $75 in catalog , so its NH catalog value is would be $112.50 ($75 + (100% divide by 2= 50%)!
$75 + (75.00x50%=$37.50) = $112.50

NH 100% = VG Catalog of $20, so a NH value would be $20 + (20x25%=$5.00) = $25.00.

Everytime you go down a grade the NH% divides by 2. VF100% F50% VG25%

If you had a F/VF graded stamp is would 75% and a VG/F stamp would be 37.5%

Hope that make sense

Trodent

Edited by Trodent - 07/02/2022 7:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8514 Posts
Posted 07/02/2022   7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doc - Wherever you see a Header entitled "NH%" you will see values such as "50" in the column below. It means that a 50% (or whatever the value denoted may be) premium is applied to the base catalog mint value. If a stamp has a cv of $10 with a NH% of 50 it is valued at $15.
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
Posted 07/03/2022   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrGG to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Trodent's reply was clear. Thank you
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
Posted 07/03/2022   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrGG to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let me see if I really understand this. For #87 the catalog shows NH% VF
200 30
So my MNH VF stamp is valued at $60 (Canadian)?
Valued Member
Canada
201 Posts
Posted 07/05/2022   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the value would be $90 $30 + 200% ($60) = $90

$30 + 100% ($30) = $60
Pillar Of The Community
New Zealand
686 Posts
Posted 07/12/2022   2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with guidance above.

And I feel its worth noting that this is Unitrade's GUIDELINE and not a hard and fixed rule.

The market or individual seller's may pay/demand less or more than this %, depending on many factors like individual collector's desire or scarcity of that stamp number.

Plus the underlying $ in Unitrade is fixed at the point of publication, and prices change over time. I often go to online auctions to see / validate prices though its not comprehensive

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 744Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05