Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Few US Revenue And Related Pickups From Denny Peoples Yesterday

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 534Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5468 Posts
Posted 07/03/2022   11:28 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add revenuecollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I happened to be in Indianapolis yesterday on other business, so while there I dropped by Denny's house for a visit. I brought him some bulk revenue documents for his Pick-N-Pay (tm) box and had a chance to browse through some new things... even though I just saw him 2 weeks ago at the MSDA show.

Not anything majorly scarce or earth shattering, but some interesting aesthetic pieces, some outside of the revenue-stamp sphere.

An interesting little 20th century railroad freight ticket, taxed with a 1-cent documentary.

A full-page receipt format; non-typical. Most receipts were 1/4 to 1/2 sheet.

A somewhat mangled check with an R15c showing a minor double transfer at bottom.

Cool RN-G1 from the "Seal Rock Tobacco Co." in San Francisco.

A couple of non-revenue checks with allegorical figure vignettes.

And lastly a stock certificate that while not revenue-related, was just too cool to not pick up, both for the imagery and the company name: a 1900 certificate for 2000 shares in the Electro Pneumatic Transit Company. Given the date, I'm not sure why there was no revenue stamp affixed.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8466 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   07:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting and cool stuff as always Dan. Thank you for sharing!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7985 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Given the date, I'm not sure why there was no revenue stamp affixed.

They might have been affixed to an accompanying document which was originally attached.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7985 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   07:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The freight receipt is probably the least common item; how many collectors would have bothered saving one.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1444 Posts
Posted 07/09/2022   12:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, that pneumatic tube stock is great -- thanks for sharing!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 534Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05