Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Website With Stamp Measurements

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 482Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   9:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add qbdbubd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is there a website that has a stamps measurement without having to measure every stamp in my collection? I am looking to put my stamps in mounts and need to know the measurements in mm.
Send note to Staff
Edited by qbdbubd - 07/07/2022 12:52 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8013 Posts
Posted 07/06/2022   10:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you try to be a bit more specific? What are you trying to do? And what measurement do you want?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8466 Posts
Posted 07/07/2022   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this what you are looking for?

https://stampsmarter.org/features/M...USScott.html
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 07/10/2022   12:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tiger Dude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It will become much more obvious to you once you start doing it. There really aren't a lot of US classic stamp sizes, but a few are best done by trimming strips instead of buying pre-cut. 95% are probably 22x25 or 25x22. I have a Showgard US Combination set of pre-cuts (which has way more jumbos than I need) and replenish the 22x25, 25x22, 25x40 & 40x25 as I use them up. There are a few 27 high early issues and fewer still 23 high (but wide) I cut from strips. If you're going to do things like Souvenir sheets you might as well just measure them, it'll take the same time as looking them up. I recommend the Precision US Specialty Multi-Gauge for measuring, which you'll want if you're doing US classics anyway.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 07/10/2022   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stephen J Bukowy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your individual stamps may also vary in size from those in the reference material if you have jumbo margins or even one or two margins larger than average or if you have selvedge attached to the stamps. I generally used 25, 27, 28, 31mm for most of my US classics.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 482Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05