Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Imperforate Danzig Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 470Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/12/2022   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add don_joe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a corner sheet of six stamps of some Danzig stamps including Scott 84, 89, and 92. The note in my 2017 catalog indicates there are imperforate of 83 and 85, but not of 84.
Anyone know anything about imperforate of Scott 84?

thanks
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
781 Posts
Posted 07/12/2022   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you scan them for us?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
732 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking... are you trying to find out if Scott is wrong? It's not. No catalog (Scott, Michel, Y&T, etc) knows of/lists an imperf variety for the 1922 1.50Mk issue.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
781 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They might be something like printers waste or forgeries...
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36240 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add don_joe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a scan of the four corner sheets. There is gum on the back of each.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2621 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are likely forgeries. Do they have a watermark or a light gray underprint:
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Valued Member
United States
437 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many values of this series are known imperf or without underprint. But none are known on unwatermarked paper. It's generally easy to see the watermark on Danzig stamps, just hold them up to the light.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add don_joe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea. I checked all four looking at them with a 60 w lightbulb behind them. There is no evidence of any watermark, and the paper appeared mottled.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6040 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don joe ---- Those are Hialeah Forgeries, the strong color plus your comment about the paper confirms them to me that those are from the city of Hialeah ,Florida
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6040 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a whole series of stamps that came later with many improvements ,such as gum on the back and perforations ,plus different papers . The changes came after the Hialeah operation was closed down . Then we see different names were used like Unlimited Stamps ,HTD INVEST and JCSR on eBay ,then after a few month there was many new sellers coming into play ,then I quit keeping track of all of them .
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 470Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05