Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has The Ccny Building Been Sold?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 480Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
904 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   7:08 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add docgfd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It appears so. I found this on the British Empire Study Group's home page:

"With the sale of the CCNY building, we are working on a location for our in-person meetings. Suggestions are welcome."

This is the first I've heard of this. Can anyone confirm? What a shocker, and what a loss to philately if that beautiful brownstone got sold. What's to become of the club?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9442 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Collectors Club announced July 20 that it is considering selling its landmark headquarters building located at 22 E. 35th St. in New York City.

"That step means our Club, now in its 125th year, is exploring its options to make sure the space we inhabit in midtown Manhattan is ideally suited to fulfilling our mission and vision in the 21st century and beyond," Collectors Club president Larry Haber said in a June 20 email to club members.

The club has occupied the building since 1937. It was designed by architect Stanford White for the art dealer Thomas Benedict Clarke.

Significant renovations of the building took place in 1998 and 2015.

"Yet, despite all the care lavished upon it, our Clubhouse has numerous shortcomings: accessibility, installing current technology, and maintenance challenges," Haber said. "Concurrently with the listing for sale, we will be intensively evaluating our space needs."

From: https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamp...-in-new-york 7-21-2021.

Quote:
Clubhouse Relocation Under Consideration

The Board of Governors of the Collectors Club has taken an important step towards securing the Club's future for the next several generations: we decided to retain one of New York's leading real estate firms to list our landmark headquarters at 22 East 35th Street for sale.

That step means our Club, now in its 125th year, is exploring its options to make sure the space we inhabit in midtown Manhattan is ideally suited to fulfilling our mission and vision in the 21st century and beyond.

From: https://www.collectorsclub.org/ as page exists today, 7-14-2022.

Edit: Listed as "UNDER CONTRACT" at https://www.crexi.com/properties/71...-35th-street
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 07/14/2022 8:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8416 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been going to that wonderful building for one reason or another for 52 years, and am still there on a weekly basis. I have no idea how I will deal with the separation. Badly, I suspect.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have no idea how I will deal with the separation. Badly, I suspect.

That depends upon the now new location's whereabouts, right?
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 07/14/2022 11:31 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8416 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   8:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The new location will not be the issue, it will not really change anything. It's more the building itself, which is a beautiful landmarked brownstone. I first went there in my teens.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9442 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8416 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
During August, movers will help us store items and transfer our day-to-day operations to a temporary office, whose address will be 11 W 42nd Street, 2nd floor, New York, NY 10036.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 480Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05