Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rare Set Argentina Christmas Seals

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 346Next Topic  

Australia
1 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ThisistheWay to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I have come across a lot of first day issues and covers. Among the lot I have found a rare set of Christmas seals from Argentina. Just seeing if anybody knows anything about these and ofcourse rarity and value? Thanks for looking

Send note to Staff
Edited by ThisistheWay - 07/14/2022 11:20 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1500 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   11:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tatham was know for producing such items. There are more than a handful of SCF threads about Tatham if you use search. They did produce some respected goodies such as shown here: http://goscf.com/t/58667

I am not well versed in non-US Christmas Seals, but I will say these are not common the find now, but as Tatham produced quantities of there foldouts, they had to have some stock to produce them in their normal quantity.

Nice find as much for the paper as for the seals.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1369 Posts
Posted 07/14/2022   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Title on page says Christmas seals. Right below it states 1940-48 anti- TB seals. Full disclosure- I know nothing about these. When I look at the attached stamps/seals I do not see any TB emblems and see a value on each as if they are regular postal issues. Am I correct in assuming that these appear to be postal or semipostal stamps and not seals?
Edited by No1philatelist - 07/14/2022 11:50 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36773 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   12:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There's that word again "rare"
Tatham would use that descriptor (very scarce) to enhance desirability.

I doubt very much "rare", nice page presentation though
I would guess $5-$10

They are for the Jose Penna Hospital for infectious diseases Buenos Ayres

I see them quite regularly

SCF "search" Argentina*penna
http://goscf.com/t/1659&whichpage=5#224148 br /

Edited by rod222 - 07/15/2022 12:15 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1500 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   02:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

SCF "search" Argentina*penna
http://goscf.com/t/1659&whichpage=5#224148 br /

There was no internet in the late 1940s thus access was greatly limited to how items can be tracked today. Better ease of availability always drives down prices. Today if the nearest item I want is 12,053 miles away I can review it in a few seconds, order and pay for it in another minute and receive it in days or a week or so. If the item and shipping is $8.00, that blows the doors off the shop down the street who needs $10 for the same thing to stay in business. Times change, stocks previously unavailable are at times sold off be it printer's archives or government holding (think USA 2005 revenue stamp sales).

Edit to add country name.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 07/15/2022 02:21 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1369 Posts
Posted 07/15/2022   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod222 and PPG for additional information. Never ending education on here.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 346Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05