Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Charter Party Revenue. To Soak Or Not To Soak?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 932Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2943 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:10 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this up today at a coin show today... was thrown into a "$5 box"... For some reason a CHARTER PARTY revenue didn't ring a bell, so I decided to buy it.

Here's the deal: the document's paper is torn. Some of the stamps are already damaged. The stamps were all stacked/stuck onto each other so may get damaged if soaked.

And so I ask: TO SOAK or NOT TO SOAK?

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36781 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Leave well enough alone.
Possibly George Washington Gerrish
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 07/29/2022 7:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8170 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2943 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:21 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticed, it looks like maybe the stamps were affixed with actual glue? If so, that might damage things even more.

As an entire, it just doesn't have much eye appeal, so I really need to decide...
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36781 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As an entire, it just doesn't have much eye appeal

I see it differently, mounted on Album page with information on
Charter Party Revenue, their use, together with Gerrish details,
would make handsome, and interesting ephemera.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2943 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:29 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even with the folds and tape holding it all together from the back? ;-)
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36781 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Charter Parties and Bills of Lading *pdf
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36781 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Even with the folds and tape holding it all together from the back? ;-)

Yes, indeed.

Conversely, imagine the item separated, a gaggle of solitary items, with odd
(PART) script cancels evidencing other stamps were once, conjoined.
Doesn't bear thinking about.

But...you're choice.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9039 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be very interested in understanding what took place with that document.

Each layer of stamps underneath the Charter stamp were canceled before the next layer was affixed.

There appear to be cancels over previous cancels on other stamps.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36781 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Contemplate,
It has survived in its present state, for 153 years,
It has arrived under your protection,

Will you be the one to destroy it?

A $5 box should never be an indication of all facets of "value"

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2645 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't dream of soaking those off.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2943 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:45 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
(back of the front)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2943 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:50 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah the variety of different revenues seems odd... MORTGAGE, LIFE INSURANCE, and CHARTER PARTIES??

Another linky, which goes WAY over my head: https://archive.org/embed/cu31924018920557
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36781 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A new one for my Scrabble Lexicon
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2943 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   8:00 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8283 Posts
Posted 07/29/2022   8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A nice mixed $5 tax rate. I would leave it alone.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 932Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05