Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Basal Shift On 1d Imperf

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 211Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/03/2022   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add azstampguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Maybe this is a stupid question, but I am just getting into plating of some of my GB imperds, and I keep coming across this phrase "Basil Shift" In the SG QV specialized but I cannot seem to find a definition or better still an example..
Hopefully someone better educated on the subject can help
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35888 Posts
Posted 08/03/2022   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No such thing as a stupid question here
BASAL shift

basal
adjectiveTECHNICAL
forming or belonging to a bottom layer or base.

Quote:
Note that in this case the doubling falls strictly under the value tablet only

https://www.members.tripod.com/~pen...ebottom.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 08/03/2022 7:46 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35888 Posts
Posted 08/03/2022   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: I have a hard time seeing how a shift in the roller,
only gives a thicker line under the "One Penny" and not the lettered squares.

Remain unconvinced.
Pillar Of The Community
606 Posts
Posted 08/03/2022   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Disclaimer: not an expert in penny reds!

That image example looks a lot like a re-entry on engraved Canadian stamps. See https://re-entries.com/terms.html

But reds aren't my forte. However, I have spent considerable time hunting them on older Canada stamps and it just has that appearance to me so perhaps it is a similar process?
Pillar Of The Community
606 Posts
Posted 08/03/2022   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh geez, I didn't even see the text box screenshot of the comment by NigelC at first - but yes I would agree with that thought myself.
United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/04/2022   03:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add azstampguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much - very helpful
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 211Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05