Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Of The Albums That I Want To Sell

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 522Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
10 Posts
Posted 08/04/2022   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Ulaani to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here are a few pics of what I guess is the better of the albums. The penny black is not in very good condition, the reds and blues are in a better state. Also a page that looks like they were cut off parcels. Any idea on what I should put as a starting price for selling this?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1704 Posts
Posted 08/04/2022   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unless those to pay labels have certain watermarks (varies by value), a buyer will assume the cheapest value. Multiplication, also, is not something many people like. Blocks are better than multiple singles.
The cut-outs have gone out of fashion and are unlikely to add value for most collectors.
The Penny Black has very limited value. As you state it is in poor condition.
The penny reds, likely, carry most of the value as they are of interest to a wide range of collectors. But do not expect to get much unless you can identify any rare items in good condition. Otherwise, you get them in packets for a quid.
The two pence blues have one 1841 and further later stamps. The 1841 stamp is in bad condition.
The remainder is nice for a starter collection, but again has much duplication.
On a very good day, you might get a couple of tenners, but I do not expect it will be more than that couple and likely less.
I shall leave it to experienced sellers to guide you on what would be a good starting price.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
10 Posts
Posted 08/04/2022   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ulaani to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the info
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35888 Posts
Posted 08/04/2022   11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with NSK
(The penny black is atrocious)

I collect cut squares and Postmarks, with that in mind
I would suggest US $20 - $40
Start at your price and see what, if any offers are forthcoming.

The market should dictate the current worth.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
10 Posts
Posted 08/05/2022   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ulaani to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
*** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. *** Thanks for the price guide for the album.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 522Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05