Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1951 Capex Souvenir Card

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 399Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
204 Posts
Posted 08/08/2022   8:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came across this earlier when looking through my first day covers it was inside one of the covers.
It looks like there was a stamp of some sort attached to it at some time and I'm thinking it may have been a Cinderella stamp that was made for this the first Capex in 1951.
I bought a shoe box that was full of loose stamps and about twenty first day covers so it may have fallen off and be in with the loose stamps.
Anyone come across one of these before or know what stamp was attached to it?

Cheers, Bill

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36823 Posts
Posted 08/08/2022   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, most possibly a cinderella, not postage, no address.
I have no cinderella that meets that format.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
4601 Posts
Posted 08/08/2022   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Using the same Mercer cachet, but on a card, with the words "First Day of Issue" at the lower left, it is clear the intent is to apply postage and not any Cinderella. I would expect to see these with various frankings of Unitrade 311-314. I view this as an unserviced cacheted card.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36823 Posts
Posted 08/08/2022   10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Makes sense,
Nicely solved John.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1370 Posts
Posted 08/08/2022   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do believe it had a stamp affixed to it by hinge, and stamp later removed or fell off and it sure looks like hinge gum remains.
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is not made with a card stock it's actually regular paper maybe it was included inside one of the covers being sold at the exhibition. A bit of an oddity not a post card or a cover.
There was something attached and the box only fits with Scott #310, #311 and #312 so I took a picture with the #312 to add some color.
By the way it measures 6" X 31/2".
Thanks to all.

Cheers, Bill

Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 399Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05