Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Drbobstamps Question

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,542Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
639 Posts
Posted 08/08/2022   11:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stamps4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So a little while back I was recommended dr bob friedman stamps .com.

Anyone use them recently? Do they respond to emails requesting additional lot for sale info?

I've sent 2 emails and not a peep back and I recently see a q & a in Aug Linns by C. Snee and an additional full page add. It seems they have good advertising & pr but not so good follow through??

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1480 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   11:35 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tell people that one way to judge a seller is by their responsiveness. These giant sellers tend to have so much going on that 1) they don't care and 2) they make mistakes and 3) they still don't care. Just my two cents, but if a seller cannot bother to answer a question I'd look elsewhere. Of course I sell on eBay so I do have ulterior motives - so feel free to ignore.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4763 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Once I was interested in a lot and called. Lot was sold but instant communication was successful.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
639 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
well I really dont need the stamps - but WANT..... Anyhow, very ironic seeing as the 2 recent articles are full of "how we treat the customer good", etc. Just rubs me the wrong way. Everyone touts email, then you email and get no response. I love the good 'ole telephone, but after punching your way through all the menus, blah, blah, blah.... Ill stop now - almost - hate to chase - here, take my money, please! Guess ill call out of curiosity to see what it would sell for - I really wanted some more details, ie, scans.

tks. Wm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
639 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, well, that was a bust. RUDE - how do they stay in business? called the 888-802-7880 number on their site. Got a recording - "due to the large amount of business we do, we cant answer the phone. But if you think you have a large collection we would like, leave a message telling us why ", etc... WHAT?!? It says noting if one wants to BUY.
Edited by Stamps4Life - 08/09/2022 1:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1034 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Apparently, they already have buyers for everything. Thus the push to get more stock.

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt up until the phone call. He may have been on vacation (we all need a vacation, and who wants to be bothered by business when on a vacay?) or sick, or in a hospital (I go dark fast), or something else quite innocent. Sounds like they are simply raking in the cash, can't keep up with the outgoing packages, and probably have to hire someone to drag all the money to the bank each day.

Might be time to look elsewhere. They certainly won't care.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5562 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   8:06 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not a fan. They have personal messages disabled on eBay saying they "get too many messages to respond" so no one can contact them through eBay to ask them about potential faults shown in the images that they don't mention in the listing. I purchased from him personally at his Illinois location back in the early 1990s, but his operation is nothing like it once was. Now he's just another multi-page color ad Linn's advertiser with no customer service.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9022 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   8:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
IMO there is zero reason to deal with Dr. Bob. If they will not communicate with someone that is thinking about GIVING them money, what would it be like if you had an issue with a purchase and you needed to have a conversation regarding getting monies returned.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
639 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   10:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad the folks who do their interviews don't know. The article was all fluff and puff and so sweet. Humph. Sayonara Dr Bob….
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6117 Posts
Posted 08/09/2022   11:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to read all the negative stuff here about Dr. Bob .

I have not been in their store for the past 9 years . But before that we done a lot of business .

I believe Dr. Bob retired to Florida or was spending more time there . The store was run by his two sons ,only one was interested in stamps , their coin business was growing and was taking most of the store .

Their main stamp selling business has gone to their monthly newsletter type of flyer .again my info is all 9 years old .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1635 Posts
Posted 08/11/2022   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I personally will no longer do business with any ebayer who cannot be bothered to respond to personal communications, ever since my experience with georgetownlaw: won a lot, had issues with being able to use paypal, was threatened with having the transaction nullified after 4 days according to that new eBay policy, tried to contact seller who had blocked personal messages, eBay would not intercede, and so the transaction was canceled and I ended up being blocked by the seller, from whom I had previously purchased many lots (which apparently meant nothing to him).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
639 Posts
Posted 08/11/2022   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well this wasn't eBay, but I get it. I just was dealing with a cover I had bought on eBay - made an offer, it was accepted right away and I paid right away. But the thing didnt ship until about 7 days later - contrary to what I think they have listed. I asked twice about shipping and went days to get a reply. They they just marked it shipped one day and gave me a refund the very next. then I got a message saying they were going to give me the item. So I waited and waited and waited. No item. I wanted about 8 days past the eta, then I gave honest feedback. Well, I heard from the seller about a nanosecond later reeming me out saying how dare me give negative feedback and that I was getting the item for free.

Well, I said, I did put in the feed back that if the item were to arrive id update the feedback. And I thanked him for "free", but I still have no item - so what's free?? Poor communication is poor communication and im not sorry if they cant take honest.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1948 Posts
Posted 08/12/2022   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dudley,

Georgetown Law is the absolute worst. I'm not too impressed with Dr Bob either when it comes to selling material.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
639 Posts
Posted 08/12/2022   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the recording you get when calling Dr bob, sounds like they don't even sell….
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6117 Posts
Posted 08/13/2022   08:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A fter reading all of the above ........I think Dr. BOB has changed their business model . Yes they had a great business on eBay for many years with many successful transactions . As stated above his two sons had no interest in the stamp trade and were moving on to coins and precious metals .

They still have their 6 or 8 page quartely newsletter type flyer with stamp offers ,mostly W.W.collections ,I still get it . But it sounds like they got eBay burn out .

I think the Doctor retired and he and his wife moved to Florida they had a place which the shared with Bob Weisz {the original STAMP KING }.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
639 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now I'm really STOKED! Not only did they not answer their phone, but they also took my email and added it to their blast list!

REALLY!!!

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,542Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05