Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Album Page Thickness

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,033Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 08/19/2022   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add l2y to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sounds like they are now using 20lb paper ,years ago Scott used a heavier stock paper.

I found the opposite problem with the HE Harris US albums. The first volume, Independence, had thinner, two-sided paper while the other ones have thicker single-sided pages.

When printing my own pages, I started out with 67lb paper but found it too heavy. Now I use 28lb. It comes in a variety of colors, however lately the prices have gone through the roof. Amazon and the major office supply stores all sell it, so it is easy to find.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
42 Posts
Posted 08/27/2022   7:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldmanriver to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I took a look at Harris Liberty and Canada one sided pages and found that 28 lb was about the closest without actually measuring or miking them. I printed a ton of Steiner pages for a British Empire album I put together and used that weight and it seems to be just fine and dandy. I do have some Penny Red covers and used good old card stock for those pages.

I might add that I have a couple of Harris Liberty albums that were purchased back in '72 and the pages have aged and held up very well. I used the hole reinforcement thingys on all those pages.
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 08/28/2022   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add l2y to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oldmanriver,
Let me start out by saying that I love your name. That is one of favorite songs.

Quote:
I printed a ton of Steiner pages for a British Empire album I put together and used that weight and it seems to be just fine and dandy.

I agree. If you are using hinges, the lighter weight paper does the trick. The heavier weight paper is best if you plan to use mounts for all your stamps. I also had a trouble with the holes tearing. It was hard and very time consuming putting on those reinforcements. I ended up removing the pages from the 2-post binders into 3-ring binders.
Edited by l2y - 08/28/2022 11:07 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,033Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05