Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

News From The Philatelic Foundation

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 947Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8810 Posts
Posted 08/14/2022   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Rev and M and M. In my past I was involved with a number of construction projects on "registered" buildings and I am aware of the pain and $$$$ involved. Luckily for my buildings the client was always the Government and so they just took all of our collective monies and got it done. Still, it would take years to get through the process and sometimes you spent as much on the paperwork as you did on the construction. Throw in local Government(s) and you have quite a challenge. A shame actually when the owner's intent is pure. A double edge sword when you need to comply with ADA but the other alphabet agency will not let you do it without emptying your bank account.

Off topic: An example I like to give is one that relates to a project I was involved with, reconstructing the Boston Common Underground Parking Garage. It was constructed in the early 1960's so the structure itself was not the issue. The trees along Beacon and Charles Streets were the issue. They are on a "list" of historic trees in Boston. They were to be protected and each tree insured for $500,000 for the duration of the project plus three years. In addition, we needed to excavate within the crown line which meant that roots would be disturbed. In this case a tree surgeon and a landscape architect spent six months pruning each of the tiniest microscopic root leader using magnifying headgear and surgical tools to apply different materials. It cost over $200,000.

I bring it up because the kiosks on each corner of the garage's ground level had homeless encampments on their roofs and the homeless and mentally ill population were everywhere at all times around the job site. Monies spent on trees = One million dollars in total Monies spent on helping those homeless = Zero

And so, it goes.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8136 Posts
Posted 08/24/2022   8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today was my last day at 22 E 35. Very depressing these last two weeks.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8810 Posts
Posted 08/24/2022   8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear that, Bart. People move on but the heart stay's behind.

Surely many good memories.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 947Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05