Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Scott 313/ My Catalog Says $700.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 759Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8118 Posts
Posted 08/18/2022   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually have no need for that, since I only collect US material.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8772 Posts
Posted 08/18/2022   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gee, you guys are dinosaurs.
Say you collect Cambodia, scan the Scott pages, produce an *.pdf
and have it OCR.

Just CTRL F for your stamp type, say "A7" and there is every instance of that stamp.

I have 24 Catalogues of Turkey under OCR
and could not work without it.

My Forbin is under OCR (Not sure if "Stampsmarter" is)

My Western Australia Mogens Juhl similarly.
Monographs are esp great for OCR.

Or maybe Scott just references the same design types to each other in a sensical and easy to understand way. Why should I have to PDF the World after paying $600 for a set of catalogs. How many newish collectors are frustrated by this issue. I know I was and still am on occasion.

Not everyone has the luxury of the time to create PDF's of catalog sections. It may be one country or perhaps they need 50 countries. It just seems silly. Like buying a new car with the radio in a box and being told to install it yourself. No, just build it correctly and completely the first time.

PS: I wonder if the Scott digital catalogs are any better.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36235 Posts
Posted 08/18/2022   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You may wish to defend your stance, that's OK.

Until you experience the delight of searching an OCR'd catalogue,
you shall never know.

Some members may look and try, and be released from the very frustrations you illustrate.

I am not the least interested in whether you like it or not, it is an option that
members may wish to investigate. I just offer it for consideration.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 759Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05