Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia Post To Raise Prices Again In Two Weeks

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 476Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community

Australia
1042 Posts
Posted 08/16/2022   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add duncanvr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So more new Australian International stamps coming out next month as our post office does its yearly price hike on stamps

Sending international mail ftom au just got more expensive

Mail Aust to USA & Canada will be $3.50

Mail to UK will be now $3.70

Mail to Asia will be now $2.90

Domestic mail of letter to another state $2.60

This is just a heads up for any Australian stamp sellers on here who still mail packets or letters of stamps to buyers overseas, also if your on eBay you will need to up the postage. Change takes place early next month.

I wonder what postage for sending a small packet is going to be like in another 10 years time.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2124 Posts
Posted 08/16/2022   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interstate mail costs more than sending a letter within one's own state?

How very 19th century!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Author of "The De La Rue Stamps of NSW" and "They Carried The Mails: The Conveyance of Post Office Mail in the Central West of NSW in the 19th Century"
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1774 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   02:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Domestic mail of letter to another state $2.60"

I think that statement needs some clarification. Perhaps something has been misinterpreted.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36205 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   02:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

It is a shame members cannot post links as well.

I cannot see any advice for domestic letters at $2.60
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1042 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aust post service-updates/pricing-updates/pricing-updates scroll down changes are from 5th September.

Click domestic letters then standard service

Small letter same state = $2.20
Sent to other state = $2.60

This is double the old rate of $1.10

The international rates are high

Small letters not to UK, Us, Canada and Asia classed as rest of the world will now be $4!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
542 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All I see is the $0.22 and $0.26 rates for Unaddressed Mail to same state and inter-state respectively. This is the bulk/junk unaddressed mail rate. Politicians get this at an even cheaper rate, or at least used to.
Edited by Plateflaw - 08/17/2022 7:17 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
542 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1042 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If the unaddressed mail is for Junk Bulk mail is the current domestic rate $1.10 for ordinary letters changing? International letters are for sure going up. I send letters with stamps every day around the state and locally.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
542 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If the unaddressed mail is for Junk Bulk mail is the current domestic rate $1.10 for ordinary letters changing? International letters are for sure going up. I send letters with stamps every day around the state and locally.

Domestic letter rate is not mentioned by Australia Post.

From this you can assume that these rates are not increasing on 5 September.

I'm pretty sure the domestic letter rate (small and large ordinary letters delivered at the regular timetable) cannot be increased arbitrarily by Australia Post. They have to make a submission to the ACCC who assess the request. Last increase granted was in 2019. Price increases for other services don't require such approvals.

Outwardly it looks like most other services have gone up.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36205 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If the domestic rate was doubled, one would hear it across major newsfeeds
quick smart. There would be an outcry.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3947 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   9:53 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no future increase from Auspost in domestic letter rate stamp issues in up coming releases. With "dino hunt" set to be released on the 5th sep. There are 5 x Australia domestic stamp set issues to be release in sep/oct at the current letter rate.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1042 Posts
Posted 08/17/2022   11:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all so domestic rate unchanged its only international letter rate going up on Sept 5th for small letters

Mail Aust to USA & Canada will be $3.50

Mail to UK / Europe will be now $3.70

Mail to Asia will be now $2.90

Rest of world will be $3.90

Have I got it right? I still use old mint stamps to post to my eBay buyers, I will have to add more stamps on the ones made up.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36205 Posts
Posted 08/18/2022   01:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure,
I have paid $3.50 to USA for months.

But I usually send "tough bags" for swaps (400+ stamps)
That has been $13.50 to US
New Rates
http://goscf.com/t/51767&whichpage=123#746680 br /

I mark my packages "printed matter only"

Had 2 emails today from SCF members, packages arrived OK
Edited by rod222 - 08/18/2022 01:41 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1042 Posts
Posted 08/18/2022   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been paying $3.40 to USA since last year, interesting if you have been paying $3.50!
Edited by duncanvr - 08/18/2022 02:55 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36205 Posts
Posted 08/18/2022   04:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I may be 10c out, I pay by Austpost Debit Card
I thought I read $3.50 on the receipt.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1042 Posts
Posted 08/18/2022   04:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use mint stamps so that maybe the 10c difference? But $3.40 will be $3.50 soon anyway. eBay sellers need to amend their postage to reflect the rise in cost.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 476Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05