Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Cancel On St. Pierre & Miquelon Stamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 358Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1093 Posts
Posted 08/31/2022   9:21 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add ray.mac to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
Just wondering if I'm seeing this correctly, and if it's a common usage.
It is SPM Scott #114, and it appears to have a Sydney, NS cancel- it appears that something is in front of Sydney, but I can't make it out.

So, for Canadian postal history, what were the circumstances that would allow a stamp from a different country to be used and to receive a Canada postmark?

I also would ask if there is any value added to this one as a variety, or is it still considered a common SPM stamp?

Thanks for your help here, Ray
Send note to Staff
Edited by ray.mac - 09/01/2022 12:15 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9036 Posts
Posted 08/31/2022   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1093 Posts
Posted 08/31/2022   10:03 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rog!
I knew there was a North Sydney, but the letter before Sydney doesn't look like an "H".

Any idea of how to access the actual exhibit? I'd love to see it.
Ray
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9036 Posts
Posted 08/31/2022   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ray - I tried like heck to find the exhibit online without success. Will keep trying. Would like to see it myself.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1897 Posts
Posted 08/31/2022   11:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no artist, tiny phone fat fingers
Edited by Just_fella - 08/31/2022 11:36 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1369 Posts
Posted 08/31/2022   11:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Title used is questionable. Probably should say Canadian cancellation on SPM stamp.
Usually when the mail from St. Pierre would arrive by ship it entered the Canadian port of North Sydney, Nova Scotia. It often received a Canadian post office N.S. receivers cancelation on cover and sent on its way.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1093 Posts
Posted 09/01/2022   12:16 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks #1, and I made the change you suggested!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 358Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05