Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Surprise By Lack Of Discussion On Schuyler Rumsey Auction Here .

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 371Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
6312 Posts
Posted 09/05/2022   1:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add floortrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was a big auction with a lot of interesting areas . There was one area that I was sure that there was going to be a lot of discussion here but it fell flat .

There was a lot of interest in the active bidding both on the floor and on the internet with many good prices and a lot of fast bidding ,so as not to give people time to think or they had to speed ahead to get the bid in .

The area was then high prices per each card in the RED BOXES .

This is the first time ,in 40 years of auction buying that I saw auction lots of red boxes that had only stuff starting at $5.00 or $20.00 or $50.00 even $200.00 per card in a red boxes ,sure I seen many auctions having stamps that catalog over $200.00 but a whole box ? These has huge catalog value .

This was a play ground for bidding from advance collectors and dealers ,especially people who make up country collections and wanted to add the spice to their auction lots . Guess what I am saying is this is the cream on top of anybody wanting to get eyeballs on their country collections .

It was a long time since I seen red boxes full of premium material without the junk or minium value stuff just to fill it up .
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9513 Posts
Posted 09/05/2022   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kelleher sold 37 of my red boxes for me a couple of years ago. My requirement for a 102 card was a minimum value of $5 but the average total for a box with plus/minus 800 cards was $20,000 with a number of boxes in the $35,000 range.

Yes, the Schuyler auction was hot with money in the room, on the phone and clicking the mice. I was curious how it would go. The Iwate collection seemed like collectors pulling the trigger. Siegel level material. Aside from the red box lots the US collections brought strong money. I just didn't see any meat left on the bone for a lot of it but what do I know. Looking forward to seeing the Kelleher collections auction shortly.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 371Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05