Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is A Triple Impression Considered Rare, Or Just Another Efo?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 334Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
23 Posts
Posted 09/06/2022   12:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add EFO_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this pair, which had 3 each 9c impressions on each stamp.

I noticed that most double impressions are aligned much closer.

Is this truly considered a triple impression?

Would it be uncommon?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1620 Posts
Posted 09/06/2022   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this truly considered a triple impression?

No. The two additional partial design transfers are from Tagging Ghosting.

Quote:
Would it be uncommon?

Yes, double tagging ghosting is not common.

Edit:

I again direct you to https://www.efocc.org/Resources/Hot...AA_Cover.php for some guidance. The subject of this thread can be found in variety 57 on the listed EFOs, under Freaks.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 09/06/2022 5:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
4756 Posts
Posted 09/06/2022   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
EFO_Collector,
Gentle request. When posting images, please post an image of the entire philatelic item to provide the full context, then any closeups to emphasize the specific issue in question. Thanks so much.
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EFO_collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John Becker,

I'm using my phone to upload. When I take pictures, they're much too large to be used, even after cropping.

I found an app to cut down the file size to comply with the under 300kb rule, but it seems to have a mind of its own and re-crops on its own in a square dimension.

I'll try to make sure I retain as a square image going forward so that the whole image is provided, or let me know if you know of a good, reputable app for phones.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4126 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
EFO, the "Free Image Optimizer" that is part of this forum is easily able to convert almost anything down to the 300kb limit. I also wrote a primer, which is getting a smidge out of date, at this link

https://stampsmarter.org/Learning/SCF/help1.html
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EFO_collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Parcepostguy. Good info. Also just found out some stamps I had authenticated were misidentified there (1686o).
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EFO_collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks partime. Still, I'm using my phone, not computer, and can't find that app in the iPhone App Store
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 334Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05