Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Howdy, Question About A Stamp I Found, Can't Seem To Find Anywhere. Value?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 662Next Topic
Page: of 2

0 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Newbie69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So recently found a Nederl-Indie stamp that I can't seem to find anywhere. I found a 17 1/2 one but not same color or value. Can anyone tell me more about this stamp and the value. Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
742 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   12:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is from 1921, a series of of three Netherland Indies stamps first issued in 1914-15 that were later surcharged. Scott #144 I think, but currently 12 miles away from my catalog to be sure. Worth a few cents.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by classic_paper - 09/21/2022 12:48 pm
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Look in Stampworld under Indonesia - Netherland Indies - 1921. Worth about 25 cents catalog value..
0 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newbie69 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome thanks for quick reply! I have a few others that I'll post, which I'm confused on the price.
0 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newbie69 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

So I am confused on pricing, I have a few others from this series, ik they are from occupied ukraine. I've seen it for anywhere from 250-13k?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1357 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   2:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not Ukraine. Look at Russia.
Edited by No1philatelist - 09/21/2022 2:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8111 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why would you think they're from occupied Ukraine?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
742 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The CCCP should be the obvious tip-off: Soviet Union (USSR), issued 1937-41. Like the 1929 issue, but with a new drawing. I believe Scott #616 / Michel #677 / Zagorsky #441. Worth a few cents. What source pointed to to (occupied by whom) Ukraine?
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1884 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   3:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The left stamp appears cancelled Velkiy Novgorod (Russia).
0 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newbie69 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I've seen them on auction sites they say it's from occupied ukraine and most have swastika on them. I was typing in description and only auctions sites would pop up.I figured it was russian but ik a good portion of Ukrainians speak russian. Ukraine didn't become a country till after the war, so the description must be referring to a city in modern day Ukraine. Soooo from what I'm gathering I should just get the Scott catalog? I also have one more stamp to post that I was curious about
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36304 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

0 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newbie69 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, you guys are on it. Thanks
0 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newbie69 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

So I am curious about these Czech stamps. Why do some end in o and some like this one end in a?
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36304 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm gathering I should just get the Scott catalog?

Absolutely!
Prepare to get hooked...........

It's Ok to buy a 10 year old catalogue, if you have budget restraints.
Edited by rod222 - 09/21/2022 4:23 pm
0 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newbie69 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha awesome yea my fam is from Poland (both sides) and my grandma just passed and the family was going to throw away 2000+ stamps! I grabbed them and now I am hooked, organizing and cataloguing haha they were mainly all in envelopes and bags. My grandpa was a avid collector and was in the army. Most stamps are from Europe, some from Japan, a lot from the 80s, and about half of pope John paul #129315;
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36304 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So I am curious about these Czech stamps. Why do some end in o and some like this one end in a?

Good question
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 662Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05