Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This US 911B? Overrun Countries Reverse Printing Of Colors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 439Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
660 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add danko to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The stamp on the left is a normal stamp. The stamp on the right is in question. Is this how reverse printing should look like or just a week printing of black.

I couldn't find any reference images online for this stamp.

The only thing I was able to find is this listing on eBay which is so hilarious. The seller offering a normal stamp as a reverse printing and adding a picture of cert showing completely different stamp ( a block of 4 actually)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2754418969...9SR4ik76_sYA
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
660 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found some images online for other revers printing stamps in the series. It looks like red should completely obliterate black on these types.

https://stampauctionnetwork.com/y/y102832.cfm
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4085 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   12:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Earlier, I posted the French Overrun Country reverse print error
http://goscf.com/t/48310

Once you see that the Red (in this case) completely overwrites the Black, then it is pretty obvious about this anomaly. You, unfortunately, do NOT have the Blue or the Red overwriting the Black. Keep trying, though. This issue is lots of fun.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9104 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A must see exhibit of the Overrun Countries series:

https://lcps-stamps.org/wp-content/...44Part1F.pdf
Pillar Of The Community
United States
660 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, probably just a weak black ink. Thank you all for your opinion and additional info.
Learn More...
United States
11005 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   04:42 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt you will find a better online resource than this https://stampsmarter.org/learning/a...rRun911.html
It has plenty of examples illustrated. (and yes, you show a reverse printing)
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8181 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   07:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don is correct, it is a reversed printing.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
798 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The seller offering a normal stamp as a reverse printing and adding a picture of cert showing completely different stamp ( a block of 4 actually).

That in and of itself is normal. It's not at all uncommon for a stamp to be sold with the cert from the strip or block from which the specimen was separated.
Edited by classic_paper - 09/22/2022 09:42 am
Pillar Of The Community
4618 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with classic_paper, the eBay lot noted in the original post has a very clear and direct description that he is selling a single stamp broken from a certified block. Very common practice.

The reverse printings did not come to prominence until the last 20 years when they gradually became Scott-listed. Most collectors (including myself) have never bothered to examine their holdings closely for the printing sequence. Most who merely space-fill preprinted albums would never bother either. IMO, I would not pay any premium for reverse printings until I made a fairly thorough canvas of dealers/collectors who do not differentiate their stock. I am convinced most can be found for the "regular"price with a little knowledge and effort.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
259 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   2:07 pm  Show Profile Check Chipshot's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe this stamp is the reverse print and here are the details. I have the block of 4 on eBay should anyone be interested. I hope it is permissable to indicate that. Thanks.

The article referenced above has this as 912c and my copys may not even be that. I would appreciate any guidance given what I have posted. Apparently there are many differences in the printings.
Edited by Chipshot - 09/24/2022 2:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1518 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Listed on eBay was a group of lots all with certificates and reverse printed. I do not remember if auction or BIN or auction resurfacing as BIN. In any case if not currently available to buy, it was recent enough to be found in a sold/complete search.

Edit: elliott378 is the seller ID. One of his now sold items was a group of 6 different reverse printing each with and PSE or APEX certificate. He has the lions' share of the reverse printings currently listed. "Reversed Overrun" eBay search in stamps will start you with a big group at which to look.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 09/24/2022 3:36 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 439Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05