Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada/Russia Hockey Postponed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 211Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
839 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I noticed that "Canadian Stamp News" reported that the "Summit Series" 50th commemoration was postponed... until yesterday.
I suppose that the delay might have to do with design change or aversion to Russian participation in ceremonies.
Does anyone out there have any news?

Rather low-key, for those of us who remember the longest 34 seconds in Canadian hockey history.
Send note to Staff
Edited by sak - 09/22/2022 2:01 pm

Valued Member
Canada
136 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pollux to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sak, it's available since September 20. You may have a point about the delay, beacause only the Canadian team is identified on the stamp with Canada on the jersey. For the Russian team there is no identification except the red colour.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Pollux - 09/22/2022 2:14 pm
Valued Member
Canada
180 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sak

I just received Canada Post Details September 2022 #9 and it states a September 21 issue date. i.e. yesterday.
Pillar Of The Community
839 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. Too bad the timing was all wrong, thanks to Putin's invasion of Ukraine. We can always celebrate that we beat them.
I have great admiration for Karlamov and Yachechev and Tretiak. Not so much for Bobby "Clobber".
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 211Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05