Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Legend In The Philadelphia Area

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 292Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
141 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bubbachismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As the youngest member of our local stamp club, I try to be all ears at meetings and phone conversations. That's the best part of being in a club is hearing experiences. The worst part is watching the older members dealing with health issues. One of my favorite members just had a stroke, another one is in his mid 90s and his legs don't want to keep up. What can I do, for one I can tell everyone about how legendary these people are. The stories of chapter 18 stamp club in Philly and selling full sheets of us 3cents (scott 63). The Brown postal museum, literally an 19th century post office interior rebuilt with original interiors in a home. My friend Ralph has been an inspiration to me so much and a true legend in my eyes, even with over 50 years of age separating us. I no longer want to just be a philatelist I want to be part of the philatelic community.
Have a great day
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36304 Posts
Posted 09/22/2022   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As you, yourself, ages, you will realise that the mind does not
do so, in line with your body.
The body deteriorates as nature dictates, with everything else on the planet.
It bodes well, that you have realised this perception, with grace and admiration.
Change is inevitable, how you handle it, depends on your maturity.

What is humility in life?
Image result for humility quotes
Humility is an attitude of spiritual modesty that comes from understanding our place in the larger order of things. It entails not taking our desires, successes, or failings too seriously.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05