Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

6 Cent Netherlands Stamp

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 595Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
6 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I'm new to stamp collecting and inherited lots of stamps. I've found several of them on eBay and other sites and have documented them and wrote them down. Subject won't let me enter any info.

I've come across a stamp that I can't find anywhere. I believe it's a foreign stamp, but not quite sure. Someone apparently was in the Navy, as it shows in some of the other stamps I have. Sending a pic, in hopes that someone can help me identify it.

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8761 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try the Netherlands.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
92 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   6:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RXC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Use the search box and enter "van krimpen". This will take you to a thread which covers this set very well.
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Went to Van Krimpen, there are so many threads. I've entered all info, it's still not coming up? There's lots of 6 cent stamps, but can't find this particular one?
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36219 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have Scott's Catalogue
Try Type A71
Looks like Sc#342 1953 (6c Grey)
Netherlands
Edited by rod222 - 09/23/2022 8:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
730 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   9:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I believe it's a foreign stamp, but not quite sure.

Since it says "Nederland" (Netherlands), and not "United States" or "USA" you can be certain it's a foreign stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8094 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Miss Italy21, try this link: http://goscf.com/t/80266&whichpage=1#729792

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4709 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Amsterdam postmark is also worth noticing.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
92 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RXC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to Peter4522 for posting a link to the thread. This is the thread I was trying to send you to. Perhaps someday I will learn how to include a link.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8094 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
<<<The Amsterdam postmark is also worth noticing>>>

Randy, the postmark is even more precise - it says Amsterdam C.S.. That means the letter was mailed from the Amsterdam Centraal Station, the city's main train station

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4709 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was curious about the C.S. Always appreciate the finer details.
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much. Will start searching again. Appreciate the info. A lot of help. So, is the C.S. make it more valuable or significant in any way?
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. So, I went to the link posted. Very informative. But, what do you mean by worth noticing that it was mailed from the Amsterdam Central Station? Is that of any significance? I suppose that when Queen Juliana took over and ended the 6 cent stamp and started the 7 cent stamp, it became obsolete? But, it gives no value or its rarity? I'm searching for it, but nothing on the postage mark?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6669 Posts
Posted 09/23/2022   11:59 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The cost of posting a letter changes over time, and stamps with different denominations are issued to reflect this - nothing to do with which monarch is reigning. In terms of financial value, this is a penny stamp.
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Miss Italy21 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still searching. Every site I click on, skips the 6 cent stamp. As far as the postmark "Amsterdam C.S.", still remains a mystery. I wonder why it's so hard to find this particular stamp. I've got almost a thousand stamps to go thru. I've found almost a 100 of them and have wrote down and documented them. I'm just getting started. But, this one has me baffled? Any more info, would be greatly appreciated. I'm gonna set aside and start on the others, but I'll keep searching after each set of dates and amounts of the others. I'm determined to find it! It's overwhelming. I have so many... I'll take a break in each set to keep looking for this particular one. Thanks!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4709 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod showed you the stamp and Peter told what the cancellation Amsterdam,Nederland C.S. is all about. What more info are you looking for?

You stated that you could not tell if stamp is foreign or US. I was pointing out that the stamp with the postmark says Amsterdam,Nederland(Netherlands) for identification.

What are you baffled about?

To follow up Geoff. The postmark was applied at the train station. It is not on the original stamp and you will not find it pictured elsewhere.

We have some basics to go over. Please ask more questions.

Edited by redwoodrandy - 09/24/2022 5:08 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 595Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05