Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Benjamin Franklin 1 Cent Stamp Enquiry

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 767Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 09/25/2022   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reddeye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand how to use a Perf gauge. It was a simple demonstration. If that is so wrong. Then, I guess I'm wrong for even trying. I will sit here and try not to eat my crayons and color.
My dad said and I quote "It is a perf 11 by 10.5 on Scott 655." so how do we not know how to read a gauge if we have the instructions(right in front of us) also explaining how to use one its common sense.
From the weeds to well anything it seems you catch nothing but attitude if u have less than 500 posts I know some of u ain't like this and this isn't directed towards u that aren't like that, but the ones that are think about the young ones like me I have only been doing this hobby for only 8 months (with thousands of dollars invested already) and some are almost making me want to loose interest in this hobby if u want the truth about it;some like me only do it for the history and a book can be interpreted many ways. So another set of eyes always helps. But if that set of eyes comes with attitude its not worth it.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Reddeye - 09/25/2022 5:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8303 Posts
Posted 09/25/2022   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Then people can explain why the Kiusalas gauge even says designed for use on US stamps only.
Pillar Of The Community
4618 Posts
Posted 09/25/2022   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reddeye, I think you may be misinterpreting my posts. ALL of my posts on this thread have been in direct reply to the original poster's 1 cent green stamps and the back and forth with revcollector. None of my posts here applied to your Edison stamp at all. Sorry if there is any confusion. None is intended.

For your stamp, rather than aligning a center hole and working to the edges, it is better to align a hole or a tooth at one side of the gauge and then see how it aligns at the far end. That said, some gauges are cheaply made/printed and are slightly too large or too small and thus give erroneous results. Your gauge may be in that less-than-fully accurate category. It is hard to tell from one image.
Edited by John Becker - 09/25/2022 6:37 pm
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 09/25/2022   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reddeye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hear ya Lima Charlie. I'll just post on my own topics from now on, unless she whats to comment on something. Thanks
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 767Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.13 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05