Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Safe Wishes To Our Florida Members And Friends - Hurricane Ian

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 377Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9051 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   08:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My thoughts and prayers are with all of those who will be impacted by Ian. Please do your best to be and stay safe.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
156 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tongman65 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam, Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!! Will be hunkered down in Central Florida.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1674 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   08:50 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife, 2 cats and old dog are sheltering in a Marriot Residence Inn in Ft Myers.
The eye is projected to land about 10 miles north of us. Our home is 25 miles inland but flooded during Irma, at least my stamps are on high shelves.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Ken
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36803 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Our thoughts too for SCF member CALSTAMP
Hoping all are safe.
Learn More...
United States
10977 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   4:33 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hope everyone stays safe. And put those stamp albums in the dishwasher before you evacuate the house, it is watertight.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6855 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   5:03 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The pictures from Cuba were frightening.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
563 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the words of concern. The outer bands of the hurricane arrived north of Orlando a couple of hours ago. Heavy rain. High winds. Dark skies. Momentary power interruptions.

Don: Great tip re dishwasher.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1674 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   6:38 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We've watched 100+ mph winds for the last 6 hours. It's boring!

We brought food but nothing you can heat without electric. Cold soup anyone? We brought lots of boiled chicken for the dog and she said she'll share.

Seriously tomorrow when everyone sees the damages this is going to be massive. I think miles and miles of shoreline and barrier islands have been destroyed and the flooding goes 20 miles inland in some places. It moved many miles south in the last few hours and my friends who thought they were safe have evacuated to a neighbors 2nd floor. I don't think they could leave now because they're cars are underwater.

Good luck to everyone that's affected
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36803 Posts
Posted 09/28/2022   11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We brought food but nothing you can heat without electric.

Absolutely useless in 100kph winds
But this is what I carry in the car boot, ($55)

Driving to the city, I stop half way and have a mug of Milo
relax and enjoy the trip.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3567 Posts
Posted 09/29/2022   06:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder how many collections will be lost in this storm. Some had sheltered on the east coast when it was forecasted to take the northerly course. Here in NC, we are expecting rain.
Al
Edited by angore - 09/29/2022 06:20 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6128 Posts
Posted 09/29/2022   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like we will not suffer any damage in Central Florida ,wind and rain is still strong . Stayed up from 1 a.m. to 3 a.m. as storm passed overhead . Wife took care of food ,water and outdoor furniture . I gassed up both vehicles ,extra gas cans in large plastic tub in the bushes about 15 feet away from house . Both generators all gassed up and will start on one pull with 300 feet of extra extension cords .Pool will need to be drained this morning, filled to rim .

No danger of flooding , pond behind the house could handle a few more million gallons of water even with all this rain it is 6 feet below level of the house

Good day to work on stamps . Plan to take a walk to McDonalds for Ice Coffee later in day .
Edited by floortrader - 09/29/2022 07:46 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9051 Posts
Posted 09/29/2022   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader - So glad to hear that you are safe. The early reports out of Lee County are grim.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 377Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05