Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada / Sweden 2010 Marine Life Booklet Varieties

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 32
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 07/08/2014   8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canada 2010 Marine Life Stamps.
A recently acquired lower right corner pair, with serial number 039031, having a nicely centered POCON cancel from Ste. Therese, PQ (QC).

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1244 Posts
Posted 07/08/2014   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Puzzler,
good to see some are still looking for this amazing issue....and all the varieties. Nice acquisition for this in-period postmark on a seldom offered variety
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 07/09/2014   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gilles le timbre,
Thanks. I am always looking. Mostly kiloware now though. Perhaps some have mint booklets or selvedge with numbers still on them? Hard to know.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 04/09/2015   7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the two stamps in Column 4 of each booklet, numbered or unnumbered, I have looked at so far, mint only so far, I have noticed there is a scored line drawn down vertically through the approximate middle of whole two stamps plus the selvedge also.

Only visible when holding the booklet or stamps at an angle to a good light or during datlight, both horizontally and vertically.

Look on the right side of the two dark blue bubbles lined up below the mother otter. I think, myself, that the line is on the backs of the mint stamps also.

This may be from a machine grasping the stamps or pane or sheet, pressing upon them.

Picture showing the approximate position of the scored or pressed-in line:
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 04/09/2015   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed the pressed-in line on a used stamp now, although the line is harder to see on a used stamp, and not at all on the back (pressed into the gum on mint stamps).
Edited by Puzzler - 04/09/2015 8:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
571 Posts
Posted 05/19/2019   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is unfortunate the puzzler, a fellow Nova Scotian will not get to see this grouping of booklet markers I was able to amass from Cape Breton Island and just into the start of the mainland of Nova Scotia when these booklets were current in the P.O.. I was collecting the #'s and positions and markers. I have assembled them all except a trifecta if it exists.

But what was interesting was the variance in the placement of the markers on the covers, shown from left to right in ascending order, some dark and some faint, and especially the last one with a quadruple mark.

Valued Member
Canada
19 Posts
Posted 05/20/2019   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi No1philatelist,

do you have the Blue 1 + serial number and counter on the cover?

Seem difficult to found.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
571 Posts
Posted 05/20/2019   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I may have mispoke earlier. I do now believe I have a trifecta. It's been a long time since I looked at them. Going to have to check through them tonight when I get time.

Booklets, I do have the 1 & 2 , serials, serials with 1 & 2, some with and without markers, as well as a high serial and a variety of different ones with the dashes and dots on the stamps.

Edit: 1st paragraph and may have the 1 with serial and black counter mark. Just not sure how strong the mark is.

Mike
Edited by No1philatelist - 05/20/2019 9:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
571 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Booklets, I do have a #1 cylinder with serial as well as a weak marker on the cover. Do you have the same in a #2?
Valued Member
Canada
19 Posts
Posted 05/21/2019   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Booklets to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Blue 2 +serial and counter do not exist. Same as Black serial number (UR margin) with counter. 12 versions recorded. Missing only one.
Page: of 32 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05