Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Color Advice On This 10A? Any Help At All

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 303Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
6 Posts
Posted 10/02/2022   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sapphireguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Its way different, darker, than my others. And quite clear. The crosshatched background is better than this pic.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
9080 Posts
Posted 10/02/2022   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears to be badly sulphurated/oxidized.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
10989 Posts
Posted 10/02/2022   4:14 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
178 Posts
Posted 10/04/2022   12:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Harper1249 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sapphireguy, I do not think your stamp is 10A but rather an 11A. While the image quality is poor, you can definitely make out a guide dot in the lower right corner, a single line recut in the upper left triangle and a right inner frame line that extends well up into the upper right triangle. I did a quick run through of the plates and believe this stamp is most likely from Plate 2L or 3 making it an 11A. I also went through plates 0, 1E, 1i, 2E and 5E (plates where the 10/10A came from) and did not see a good candidate with the three features described above. To confirm this for sure I would need to have a higher resolution image of the stamp. It's also worth noting that the pigments used for the Orange Browns of the 10/10A do not typically show signs of sulphurization like has happened with your stamp. If you can post a higher quality scan of the stamp I would be happy to try and plate it.

Regards,
Harper1249
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05