Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sescal October 28-30 In Glendale CA

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 286Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
87 Posts
Posted 10/04/2022   11:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Going Postal to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone signed up for SESCAL and gotten any type of confirmation for signing up? I was expecting to get some type of email confirmation, along with at least basic information about the show.

- Lance
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
1104 Posts
Posted 10/06/2022   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what you mean by "signing up"? I've gone to SESCAL for years, but not every year. For years, it was held in a hotel in west LA near the airport, then for awhile it got moved waaay out east of LA into a convention center in someplace like Ontario which was okay but a very long drive for me. Now I understand it's being held at a more central LA-area location in Glendale at their civic center. Since that's much closer to me, I plan to go. But I don't know anything more than what I saw in the original listing which is the dates, Friday Oct 28-Sunday the 30th, and I've never signed up for anything. If I do go, it will be my first stamp show since Covid.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by DrewM - 10/06/2022 5:59 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4085 Posts
Posted 10/06/2022   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There's no "sign-up", just show up. You can visit https://sescal.org/ for information on the show. Too bad it moved ... Ontario was an excellent location for me. Now I'll have to drive a little further.

Edit. You can pre-register from your computer by going to SESCAL.ORG. Admission is Free, but they want a bit more info, I guess, to get you on their mailing lists.
Edited by Partime - 10/06/2022 7:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
510 Posts
Posted 10/06/2022   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, they don't send you anything. We're signed up and will be there, but since it's a free to attend event, it doesn't really matter.
Valued Member
United States
16 Posts
Posted 10/08/2022   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RMSS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean as a dealer?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
87 Posts
Posted 10/08/2022   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your replies all. As a point of clarification by "signing up" I meant pre-registering as an attendee. No selling, just some buying.

I guess I expected to at least get some type of "thank you for registering" confirmation email in advance of the show.

And I agree with you Partime. I liked the idea of Ontario for the show as that location is about 10 minutes from my house.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
510 Posts
Posted 10/08/2022   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same here, I'm assuming the only reason you'd want to sign up is to by-pass the line for registration and getting your badge at the show. I'd also prefer it in Ontario, but at least we're getting a show at all, which hasn't been the case for the last couple of years.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3019 Posts
Posted 10/16/2022   5:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So, would anyone care to make a report on 2022 SESCAL? Since we are back into the swing of stamp shows, It would be interesting to hear about attendance levels these days and if it was as good as in past years (any which way).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
510 Posts
Posted 10/17/2022   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be there, so we'll have to see. Right now, I'm not expecting a lot, but I could be wrong. Going by their website, they only have a handful of dealers and virtually no announcements on anything else. This is less than 2 weeks before the show. I'm hoping that they are just not keeping up, but I'm trying to be realistic as well. First show I've been to in years, although there are others coming up in the next couple of months.
Pillar Of The Community
629 Posts
Posted 10/17/2022   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sent a message today and they indicated that the list of dealers on the Sescal website is correct.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05