Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Arrows On Stamps And Philatelic Materials

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 937Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United Kingdom
356 Posts
Posted 11/23/2022   09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great set, vayolene! Very interesting to see three varying printers made subtle but distinctive difference in results, colours or tone of the stamps. This is one of the factors which I am looking in for the Quiz on every Friday..

Revolving arrows - often you see some movement when more than one arrows are on one stamp.

Bulgaria
11 February 1974 / 25th Anniversary of the Council for Mutual Economic Aid / design: A. Mechkuev

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by tomonakaazu - 11/24/2022 04:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1174 Posts
Posted 11/23/2022   12:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kuwait
7th April 1970
World Health Day

Cancer the Crab in "Pincers"

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1174 Posts
Posted 11/23/2022   12:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
United Arab emirates
2nd December 1981
10th National Day
UN and UAE symbols flanking UAE flag.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1174 Posts
Posted 11/23/2022   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kuwait
2nd January 2000
Kuwait international Airport

7th December 1999
International Civil Aviation Day

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1174 Posts
Posted 11/23/2022   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Saudi Arabia
3rd June 1991
World Telecommunications Day

designed A. el Husseini
Valued Member
United Kingdom
356 Posts
Posted 11/24/2022   04:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing! More varied ways of using arrows for visual communications. Thank you, Outremer01 for sharing these!

The Kuwait 1970 is for giving pincers pressure. In UAE 1981 is bridging two organisations. Two aviations arrow stamps are heading towards East..? As early in 1999, it is appealing to Chines private air companies.

Then the Saudi Arabia 1991 - at the World Communication Day, people in the country are sealed and protected well, from the information arrows flying around the outside world? An example of visual propaganda.

Here the arrows are representing negative force as well - the centre dots are cooling down the conflicted powers from different countries/parties.

UN, New York
1980 / Peace Keeping Operations

Edited by tomonakaazu - 11/24/2022 04:36 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
356 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This style of arrows are used often for passenger aviations? - then I found the description on SG catalogue.

Italy
2 May 1970 / Symbols of Flight / 50th Anniversary of Rome-Tokyo Flight / design: S. Salaroli & F. Piludi

Pillar Of The Community
France
2354 Posts
Posted 11/26/2022   07:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French "Diligo" ATM labels (from 1992 and 1996)

Valued Member
United Kingdom
356 Posts
Posted 11/26/2022   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one, vayolene! The top ones - are they also used for postal delivery, instead of stamps sold at the post office? Interesting to know that there are ATM labels collectors market on-line.

In relation to ATM, below is about Girobank which was existed up to 2003. Two arrows are representing some kind of bundled/connected accounts, I guess, and of course letter G.

GB
1 October 1969 / British Post Office Technology, National Giro / design: David Gentleman

Edited by tomonakaazu - 11/26/2022 12:01 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
2354 Posts
Posted 11/27/2022   01:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those "Diligo" labels were stuck on cardboard boxes (for sending parcels)

"Europa 1962" stamp from San Marino
Sheetlet + FDC

Valued Member
United Kingdom
356 Posts
Posted 11/27/2022   1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you vayolene! for the additional "top" of a parcel. Cool blue and yellow design from 1995. And a lot of arrows from San Marino, with additional red arrows on FDC. In that case attention is brought towards the centre - and this one below is the opposite. This stamp's 8 different colours are printed by only 3 inks, that I am guessing - am I right? Good job by the designer and the printer.

Germany
26 September 1968 / Centenary of German Trade Unions / design: 'Acon'

Edited by tomonakaazu - 11/28/2022 09:49 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5132 Posts
Posted 11/27/2022   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Swiss stamp showing William Tell's son holding the apple
pierced by an arrow.
The projectile of a crossbow can also be called a bolt or a
quarrel .

Switzerland
Scott 160

Valued Member
United Kingdom
356 Posts
Posted 11/28/2022   09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! cool one, lithograving. Two more in different colours are in my list, so I am posting them to follow yours. Together with vayolene's post on page 2, 113 years apart two Swiss designs on William Tell are featured on this thread!

Switzerland
top: January 1909, bottom: July 1918 / design: A. Welti

Edited by tomonakaazu - 11/28/2022 09:54 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
2354 Posts
Posted 12/01/2022   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
William Tell again,but on german issues (2004)
200th anniversary of "Wilhelm Tell",a drama written by Friedrich Schiller (1759-1805)
Stamp + stationery card

Valued Member
United Kingdom
356 Posts
Posted Today  14 Hrs 32 Min ago  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vayolene. Yesterday I was listening radio and caught by a rhythmical and trotting kind of music - then it was announced "William Tell" by Rossini.

More than coincidence!! So, finally I read about William Tell and now know why Swiss like the story a lot. I dug my collection but found no further arrow with apple... so, instead I share below, thinking how difficult it could be, one with disability trains to hit the centre of a target. I have a symptom called Double Vision right now, and staggering for everyday paths... no way to shoot an arrow.

GB
22 October 2009 / Paralympic Games - Archery / design: Studio David Hillman

Edited by tomonakaazu - Today 14 Hrs 25 Min ago
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 937Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05