Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

UK9 D.,1968 Aberfeldy Bridge - Part Of Inscription Missing.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 138Next Topic  
Valued Member

Bulgaria
142 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   03:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add post_pe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please coment this ,U.K.9 d.,1968 Aberfeldy bridge.
Large part of the Aberfeldy bridge inscription at lower left corner is missing.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6864 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   03:53 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very difficult to see without a proper scan, but the surface of the stamp appears to have been scraped.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Bulgaria
142 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   04:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add post_pe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For more detailed pictures plese look here:
https://seemystamps.com/image/notes...10-f8b.4j2ZR
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3019 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   04:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the enlarged view. This has indeed been scraped or scuffed, physically or chemically. Note that the wavy cancel bar has also been removed over the missing lettering area.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2118 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   05:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For more detailed pictures plese look here:
https://seemystamps.com/image/notes...10-f8b.4j2ZR

post_pe,

Although the link will direct you to the uploaded image and allows you to look at an enlarged image, people here may not want to click on links.

If you scroll down the page you provide a link to, you will see a header 'FULL IMAGE' followed by links. One says BBCode. Place your pointer over the code provided and you will see a button 'copy.' Click on it, and paste that link into your post.

Here is the result (the image rather than a link to your image and can be enlarged as well):
Edited by NSK - 11/25/2022 05:28 am
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
2118 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   05:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As hy-brasil remarked, the caption has been tampered with as has the whole stamp.

From many of your other posts, I get the impression your collection has had some storage issues.
Valued Member
Bulgaria
142 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add post_pe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will try to remember the information tath you've gave me. I will apply this technique when posthing photos .
I would also like to tank every one for helping me with this stamp.
As all publications stated here are poiting fading as the main reason ,it is logical to presume tath this may have caused the missing inscription.

Valued Member
Bulgaria
142 Posts
Posted 11/25/2022   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add post_pe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NSK ,I don't know why the colors of my stamps changed, this could be a optical illusion a will have to check these stamps again.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 138Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05