Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp 2136 Bread Wagon Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 160Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
52 Posts
Posted 01/25/2023   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gezadrummer1930 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
on stamp 2136 bread wagon I have a coil set of 3. It looks too perfect to be an "unused" removed from envelope stamp but there doesn't seem to be any gum on it. I've seen this condition on other stamos too. I took another one that was a single and had what appears to be "no" gum or just so dull it is invisible and I wet my finger and touched it and it stuck like glue. Do some new stamps come with invisible glue? Is there a list of these somewhere?

Also on the bottom of the middle stamp of the trio is a number 4 and on other singles I have i've seen 1 & 3 so I assume there are some with a 2. I thought it Was this to make it easy to count how many are left on a roll or something but the coil of 5 I saw had 1 one on the middle of the strip of 5 but nothing on the other 2.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
143 Posts
Posted 01/25/2023   1:49 pm  Show Profile Check philatomic's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philatomic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This stamp has what's called dry or dull gum. There is no shine to it. The number at the bottom of the stamp is a plate number. Numbers 1 to 5 exist. The plate number appears at intervals of either 48 or 52 stamps on the roll depending on which press it was printed on. Plates 1 and 5 have the 52 stamp interval while plates 2, 3, and 4 have the 48 stamp interval. See this page from the Plate Number Coil Collectors Club website.

https://pnc3.org/Data/Breadwagon.php

The Plate Number Coil Collectors Club website has much information on all coils issued since 1981. The home page is at https://pnc3.org/
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by philatomic - 01/25/2023 1:52 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 160Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05