Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Advertising Covers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 06/01/2010   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add philb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was fortunate to pick up a couple of advertising covers one the internet at a very reasonable price...they would have cost several times more at shows...heres one from Argentina !

Send note to Staff
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 06/01/2010   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and a nice Goodyear tire one from Guatemala !

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 06/01/2010   10:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add abohart to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it's not quite as colorful as yours, but I got this beauty in the mail today... an eBay lot I purchased last week for my hometown collection.

Apparently returned to sender, as the addressee went out of business. It apparently also enclosed a bill of some kind as the notation charge-off was added to the front after being returned to sender.

-Allen
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 06/01/2010   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add abohart to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and the back...

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 06/01/2010   10:54 pm  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice covers guys.
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9741 Posts
Posted 06/01/2010   10:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a nice back..the nice thing about commercial covers is they do not have to be pristine as they have been around..as opposed to first day covers which want to be as clean as possible !
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2103 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am bumping this thread in hopes of seeing some more non-USA advertising covers.

Here is one which was very unloved and damaged. I fished it out of a dollar box at a show many years ago with the idea that I would fix it up a bit and make it a little more presentable. That happened today.

The cover was sent from Weissenburg (Bern canton), Switzerland to Southport, North Carolina on June 25, 1900. The sender wrote "Via Oceanic, Liverpool" at the top of the cover.

Weissenburg has a mineral springs spa which has been in use since 1604. The pictures on the cover show what looks to be a resort. According to Wikipedia, "A magnificent building was operated from 1898 to 1939, and burnt down in 1974."

The RMS Oceanic was a steamship built in Belfast, North Ireland for the White Star Line. Her maiden voyage was on September 6, 1899. Per Wikipedia, "...was the largest ship in the world until 1901."

Southport, North Carolina is a coastal town below Wilmington. The transit cancel on the reverse of the cover is Red Springs, N.C., July 7, 1900. Red Springs is an inland village below Fayetteville.

Valued Member
115 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

From the inflation period, Printed matter.

Salutations

Hornet

Valued Member
United States
258 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Covers!
Valued Member
115 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

This one, Frost steel.

Hornet

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1233 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   04:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another Canadian one:

Forgot the back view, but there's only a partial Jordan, Ont. cds backstamp and a pencil notation "Paid".
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05