Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A Pic Of Your Favorite Airmail Stamp(S).

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1126 Posts
Posted 02/19/2017   08:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first Norway set, also celebrating Amundsen's polar flight

And my absolute fabourite airmail stamps of all time, the millenary set from Iceland

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
582 Posts
Posted 02/19/2017   09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of my favorite stamps on cover.

First Czeschoslovakia 1946.

Then Airmail stamp number 4 and 5 from the Netherlands. I am talking about the stamp on the far left and the green one next to it. I have to point out that these stamps were also allowed for normal postage since 29 April 1931.

Netherlands Indies number 1-5.

And Netherlands numbers 9 and 10 on a London-Melbourne Air race cover 1934. The airmail stamps are in the upper right corner. Although every collector of the Netherlands will probably prefer all the other stamps. (Some good examples of Photo Montage stamps)

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1126 Posts
Posted 02/19/2017   12:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Johan, nice Netherlands Indies cover!
Valued Member
India
208 Posts
Posted 02/19/2017   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scinde_dawk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of my favorite airmails from French India issued 1942.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
750 Posts
Posted 02/25/2017   09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Just made this page and added the stamps.
Valued Member
Bulgaria
285 Posts
Posted 09/25/2018   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an airmail set of Hungary.
7 stamps + souvenir sheet, issued in 1983, celebrating 200 Years Manned Flights.

Edited by MrPhilaRooms - 09/25/2018 07:18 am
Valued Member
Canada
104 Posts
Posted 12/27/2018   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add j2186 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always liked these Netherlands airmails:

Jan
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very pleased with this set.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
777 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   02:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like this Air Mail stamp from Spain. Seems they forgot the image of the person they were honoring. Lucky Lindbergh.

Pillar Of The Community
France
1048 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   02:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It exists too with "inverted Lindbergh"
http://goscf.com/t/53985
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
777 Posts
Posted 06/10/2019   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
vayolene

Thank you. Interesting they used the name Carlos. Have some with the image. Don't have any with inverted image.
Valued Member
97 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the Irish airmails Hib A1-A7 already mentioned here a couple of times.

Pillar Of The Community
2055 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So far, I haven't seen any Swiss stamp here. The 1941 planes & landscapes issue, is my favourite. I'm sorry, but I only have it used.

Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This group of five Danish airmails though considered a set was released in a sort of piecemeal fashion over several years, the three lower valued stamps were issued in 1925 (10 ore and 25 ore) and 1926 (15 ore) and the two higher valued ones (50 ore and 1 krone) in October 1929. There were only 59,400 of the 1 kr printed, so that's the highest number possible of complete sets, making the set fairly scarce, and therefore fairly expensive. And for this reason, they are usually not pictured in the cheaper world-wide albums, so it wasn't until I started collecting Denmark as a country collection that I even became aware of them. The prices in Scott, AFA and Facit are all higher for used examples. I have the set in mint and have the three lower values on an airmail cover. The design is called Airplane and Plowman, and contrasts the old agrarian past of Denmark, which prevailed until well into the twentieth century, with the new. I think it's a very attractive set.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
496 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   11:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1929 Mexico
Scott#C26-C27
aviation week issue

Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05