Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Does This Writing And Symbol Mean On The Stamp.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 401Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/19/2023   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jvpool to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
And really I'm just wondering about the symbol that's on the back of this stamp I kind of know what the words mean. Thanks!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6580 Posts
Posted 04/19/2023   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't speak to whether yours is genuine, but see this link for a mention of your expertizer mark:

https://www.filatelia.fi/experts/areash.html

The notes might be a lead to more things to search for.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
5150 Posts
Posted 04/19/2023   11:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jvpool,
Gentle piece of advice, PLEASE post entire images of both the front and back sides of the item when you have questions like this. It really hampers your getting the best reply back when we have to build on incomplete information.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/19/2023   11:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jvpool to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Be honest with you I figured you could Probably tell from the back But I will send you these pictures in telling you that this lady wants her stamps back in Bad she said she realized she made a mistake. Because I questioned the Authenticity I'm feeling like I'll be happy to take those back from you Now I do not know for sure.
Pillar Of The Community
5150 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   12:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Be honest with you I figured you could Probably tell from the back

Nope. Every collector has different areas of interest and different levels of knowledge and different references available. Always best to provide the fullest information possible, otherwise it can appear as game-playing, which turns off some participants.
Bedrock Of The Community
10492 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Be honest with you I figured you could Probably tell from the back But I will send you these pictures in telling you that this lady wants her stamps back in Bad she said she realized she made a mistake. Because I questioned the Authenticity I'm feeling like I'll be happy to take those back from you Now I do not know for sure.

What does any of that word salad mean? What lady? What mistake?
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jvpool to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The woman I bought stamp from Said they are real and Claims he didn't know What they were worth But I just figured They were either a good Fake or Was one of those people that thought the world was coming to a end so ya I tring to figure out if I should send these stamps off for verification verification or throwing money away that's all. O ya I have the 1 and the 5 over print as well.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
3492 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   02:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a dealer's mark.

I read it as 'FILATELIA KRAKOW.'

Maybe, the symbol on the left is an expertiser's mark. It, also, could be part of the dealer's mark.
Edited by NSK - 04/20/2023 06:32 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
640 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   06:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Is anyone else's leg sore from this fella's periodic postings?
Bedrock Of The Community
10492 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   07:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you buy it from the same "lady" on Ebay that sold you the stamp in this topic?

http://goscf.com/t/84004

ALL of her listings state in the fine print that the stamps are REPRODUCTIONS.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1210 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is anyone else's leg sore from this fella's periodic postings?

OP's posts give me a headache, to be frank. I don't know what is going on with the lack of punctuation, terrible grammar and sentence structure, vague purpose, poor assumptions, etc.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2438 Posts
Posted 04/20/2023   1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suggest you stop buying what seem to be expensive stamps for cheap prices. If your reading skills are as poor as the writing skills shown here on SCF, you are missing information that says what you are buying is fake.

You are not going to make money buying the stuff, you will just be loosing money on worthless pretty pictures on paper which are not stamps.

Edit: Sadly I realize you likely will not understand my post.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 04/20/2023 1:22 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2023 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05