Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Vatican City - Other Collectors Here?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 4,987Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 06/13/2010   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Leave it to the Italians ...They know how to make the big bucks...Just ask 3 fingers Bruno..The Red Hook Bizzlionaire..Made his fortune in prunes
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
Posted 06/13/2010   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Donna Merkle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wasn't Al Capone the one the insisted that the government pasteurize milk? Out of curiosity, were there ever criminals that were put on stamps or would the mug shot be their claim to fame?
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 06/13/2010   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don Roberto any money I made was in the Reagan years..tax free bonds paying 10 percent a year..oh well, nothing lasts forever eh ?
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 06/13/2010   7:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bob, how did you know we had plum trees ? Nona used to make the grappa from them !! nobody could smell the still here in the country !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
Posted 06/14/2010   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add petermac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Anyone else here a Vatican collector? Or maybe even a Popes-on-stamps topical collector, or religion-on-stamps?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5783 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone else here a Vatican collector?

It would be a stretch to say that I'm a Vatican collector, but I do like the early airmails of 1938 quite a lot, and really, most anything up to about 1950, maybe even the death of Pius XII.

I bought a Unificato Junior catalogue partly for Sovereign Military Order of Malta, and partly for some better information on the Vatican, and it was too basic. Nice color images and layout, but basic.

I'd be interested in seeing more early VC.

Collin
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   07:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was reading this thread and it hit me that
perhaps Phil WISHES he were being crushed by a group of teenage girl! LOL
Gussyboy1
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gussy, it was what it was..one of those spontaneous unplanned experiences !! Go to see the Pope minding my own business !
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Or maybe even a Popes-on-stamps topical collector

Peter, if you are looking for some recent Pope stamps from Tuvalu, I have some at face value!
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Valued Member
82 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   6:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add giraffestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only item from my collection (not that it's really part of my collection - just something I came across in a box a year ago and can't get rid of) is this postcard from the papacy of Pope Pious XII, 1944, which I guess is a postcard FDC.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30193 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   9:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Popes from Ajman (set of 8 IIRC)

Watch also set of 12? Popes from Panama, started a controversy
and sold poorly, majority destroyed after complaints
of appropriateness AFAIK.

Valued Member
Canada
345 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add petermac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I used to own examples of those Ajman stamps. I think I had eight or ten different Popes. My earlier reference to topicals was out of curiosity. I don't actually collect either Popes or religion as topicals. Yet. But the Tuvalu offering might get me going...

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 06/15/2010   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Theres always something new to see and learn..stamp related !!
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 06/26/2010   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mselledge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a fairly complete collection of mint Vatican stamps through the mid 90s. Missing most of the higher priced early stuff, but I did recently score E1 and E2 cheap on eBay. I've got some 2000 up issues, but a guy would go broke just keeping up with new issues.
United Kingdom
3 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobupanddown to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
I have the 1943 Silver Jubilee set overprinted "Campione" in red. If you put "Specimen" into Google Translate, it comes up with Campione, so no doubt these are specimen stamps (and not associated with the enclave of Campione in Switzerland), but I can find no reference to them in Bolaffi or Sassone (both my catalogoes are >25 years old).
Anyone got any idea about these ?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 4,987Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05