Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bicycles On Stamps...

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 491 / Views: 103,984Next Topic
Page: of 33
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 08/22/2022   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DENMARK
Bravo!
Jonas Vingegaard winner of 2022 Tour de France
and second place Tadej Pogacar.

2 young men, whom raced with passion and dignity
Sportsmanship of the highest order.

After watching Australia's Ash Barty win Wimbleton 2021
These young athletes are so refreshing these days.
cQd3kE4JVb0
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 08/22/2022 08:31 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
366 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod! on the Tour de France this summer! I became a fan of Jonas and seeing him with his young family arrived to Paris was wonderful. Are you following the Vuelta Espana now? Young riders are doing well again.

The catalogue book you showed on the first page was my first philatelic book I bought, many years ago. And I have been cycling in the British countryside with VCC (Veteran Cycle Club) people for more than 15 years. My oldest bicycle is 1907 Spark Brook, a British one. The below link is my Japanese blog (sorry, no translation on this post), and the 3rd image is my dear old bicycle, which is really comfortable. https://huggable.blog/2008/05/06/ci...531;#12464;/

I viewed through pages of this thread, if I can contribute anything new - and found this one was not posted!

France
26 July 1953 / 50th anniversary of Tour de France Cycle Race / design & engrave: Albert Decaris
Edited by tomonakaazu - 09/08/2022 1:25 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 09/08/2022   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tomoko,

Quote:
I became a fan of Jonas and seeing him with his young family arrived to Paris was wonderful.

Indeed,
One of the best Tours de France I have seen !, and I began with the Spanish Giant, Miguel Indurain in 1991, then there was Marco Pantani, the climbing legend.

Young Jonas appears to be a lovely young man, look forward so much to see him racing again.

I am watching the Vuelta now, but just getting a tad tired of the recent Aussie commentators, whom tend to Yell a lot, and the noise grates on me.

Oh! for the return of the dulcet tones of Phil Ligget, I could listen to him all night.

I still cycle, I ride a Giant TCR, my longest non stop ride, 120 Km in 6 hrs

During winter on the indoor trainer.

PS: we have a link to Denmark here in Australia, Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark, is from Tasmania.

Nice blog! Tomoko...great bikes

Edited by rod222 - 09/08/2022 2:57 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
366 Posts
Posted 09/09/2022   05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the recent Aussie commentators, whom tend to Yell a lot

Ahhhh haha, - my problem is to guess/understand many words by Irish commentator Sean...

Here is another one commemorating the tour - when the race history began, both riders and spectators had rich moustache!

Monaco
12 December 1963 / 50th "Tour de France" cycle race / design & engrave: C. Durrens (25c) and J. Pheulpin (50c)

Edited by tomonakaazu - 09/09/2022 11:08 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
366 Posts
Posted 09/12/2022   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a cinderella, celebrating Tour de France's 80th year.

France, 1983
Edited by tomonakaazu - 09/12/2022 09:45 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
556 Posts
Posted 09/14/2022   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Italy 1916 postcard from soldier of 3º battaglione bersaglieri ciclisti, a bicycle unit of the Italian Army.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 09/14/2022   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great card!
I have a series of battalion cyclists on stamps, dashed if I can find them

British.
pHQddqrkRjQ

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1800 Posts
Posted 09/14/2022   11:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
8 Ways Bicycles Helped Win World War I
An interesting article with post cards regarding Cyclist battalions:

https://www.bicycling.com/news/g275...-1-bicycles/
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 09/15/2022   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Australia Post. Postcard.
"The Home Front"

Spotted : Healing Cycles

Also noticed strange brickwork, stretcher bond plus half brick rows
Google noted it as "English Cross" or "Dutch Bond"

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 09/21/2022   4:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1981 Sc#1901

1981 Sc#1901a Bureau Precancel.

1987 Sc#2266
Valued Member
United Kingdom
366 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Penny-farthing and Tandem, Rod!

Here is a set of Bicycle history series, which has inaccurate years printed... According to a vintage bicycle collector, the Michaux on the first stamp should be 1868, not 1855, as the model is a batch production version. And the Penny-farthing on the second stamp should be 1880. Some examples are shown here: https://vintagebicycle.wordpress.co...ry-bicycles/ under 19th Century Bicycles category.

Argentina
2003 / History of Bicycle and cycling

Edited by tomonakaazu - 09/25/2022 07:47 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
366 Posts
Posted 09/27/2022   12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have viewed through this thread and found that above Argentinean stamps are already featured... sorry! I will check better to avoid dupes. I found a few stamps from the same series, but following two stamps were not on yet. German version of machine with similar principle to Michaux, and Stanley Gibbons catalogue says "Büssing Bicycle, 1868". The second one is a 1885 tricycle for a child - dashingly dressed boy is pictured. Both machines have no chains - front wheel with pedals.

Germany/Berlin
16 April 1985 / Youth Welfare

Edited by tomonakaazu - 09/27/2022 12:21 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
366 Posts
Posted 10/07/2022   05:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tomonakaazu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
History of bicycle - from right to left, these stamps show early wooden wheelers to the modern racing bicycle.

Bulgaria

By the way, I have started to sell duplications of my bicycle stamps, which is listed on eBay. If you place "bicycle" on the top search bar on below link, you find this very set of stamp as well listed.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tomonaka...kaazu&_oac=1
Edited by tomonakaazu - 10/07/2022 05:49 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 10/07/2022   06:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamps tomonakaazu,
I notice, we have yet to see electric bikes ?
Becoming very popular in our country towns.
Valued Member
Australia
137 Posts
Posted 10/07/2022   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ninhao to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1984 175th ANNIVERSARY OF POSTAL SERVICES IN AUSTRALIA - CARRIED ON THE LAST T.P.O. SOUTH DOWN SERVICE (BLUE INK) 30c Postal Stationary/ Pre-Stamped Envelope (PSE) Seven Seas Stamps ASC [E138] postmarked 1 June 1984, T.P.O. SOUTH

1984 175th ANNIVERSARY OF POSTAL SERVICES IN AUSTRALIA - CARRIED ON THE LAST T.P.O. SOUTH DOWN SERVICE (RED INK) 30c Postal Stationary/ Pre-Stamped Envelope (PSE) Seven Seas Stamps ASC [E138] postmarked 2 June 1984, T.P.O. SOUTH
Page: of 33 Previous TopicReplies: 491 / Views: 103,984Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05